How did you land your first customer?

Relja Denic
35 replies
We just started messaging people on Linkedin who matched our ICP and offered a beta-discounted price for a lifetime. We got the first 50 users like that and then increased the price, continued using LinkedIn, and started using other channels. What about you? We're launching Skylead 3.0 soon: https://www.producthunt.com/prod...

Replies

Francisco Umpiérrez
Facebook groups worked well for me in the past
Sam D.
@frakumpierrez when was it and what kind of business?
Jake Harrison
I have a twitter with 4500+ followers, so my first 50 users came from my twitter!
Erkin Bek
From Product Hunt :)
Panagiota Gkotsi
LinkedIn worked for us too and PR exposure (podcasts, interviews etc) Good luck with your launch 🎉
Waqas Khan
@panagiota_gkotsi How many connections you got on Linkedln ?
Panagiota Gkotsi
@novabyte We used our Founders' accounts and started messaging our ICPs (mainly other CEOs and Founders). We managed to get a few replied but after a while you get lost in all the social media noise.
Waqas Khan
@panagiota_gkotsi Just a tip you should also go for public on youtube if you really got good tutorials videos with voice over and face cam you got monthly 100+ sales.
Panagiota Gkotsi
@novabyte We are now starting, we have around 54 subscribers on Youtube Check out or profile: https://www.youtube.com/@moveoai...
Waqas Khan
Generated 20k+ Plus customer just from YouTube continuously posting tutorial videos and daily 300 to 400 views and most of them from US. Never tried twitter or tiktok or any other platfrom but from now my personal experience if you really want hit good MRR i need to use twitter and other platform to. that's why i am here on PH
Sam D.
@novabyte Interesting! and how did you handle it? Only SEO on youtube ?
Waqas Khan
@sam_duc Yes i use to hire some screencast explainer sellers from fi**er and they did the great job for my last product tutorials and most of them went viral and stayed on 1st position for serval keywords which generates me 20k+ customers.
Through personal connections. Now using LinkedIn.
Ray luan
I landed my first customer from an indie group that I attended. Tell everyone about what I am building, one day the customer came for me.
Elena Tsemirava
We get the first customers as usual from our personal network.
Sameer Sanagala
A LinkedIn message. But it wasn't a cold sales message. I pinged the person to learn what they think of the product, they ended up paying as well.
Viscanzo Smith
Pitch the thing that create curiosity in user just like a month ago i have House for sale Albir and i pitch the customer that you have investment and do you want to make monthly good income. Then buy a house and get almost 5k$ monthly rental or whatever. This is how i land 1st one.
Rohan Pathak
a lot of founders actually found few of their earliest customers through either referrals or they already had a network or a following built on social media hence they leveraged it to get their first few customers so that is a good way to go
Neel Patel
Through own network.
Hrithik Kaul
Do you have any tips to keep in mind while cold DMing people on LinkedIn?