Here is what we did for FlowMapp ( www.flowmapp.com ):
1. Launch on Product Hunt.
2. First blog articles (use cases, product features).
3. Simple SEO optimization of a landing page.
4. Started Twitter.
5. Developed website (testimonials, feature descriptions).
6. Submitted our Saas site for inspiration platfroms.
7. Improved onboarding in the app.
8. Made an email newsletter for new users.
These actions allowed us to be visible and attract the first users and customers. We were further helped by a wave of organic mentions, inclusion in various product lisits, publication on external blogs and newsletters.
Hope this helps!
@minal_at_openelevator Thanks for the question! The first version of the site did not contain testimonials and reviews. They appeared right after we contacted the first 50 users for user interviews and UX research. Some of those users were published in the first version of testimonials section.
You're totally right, it can't be done before the early adopters have tried the product and you can talk to them.
I worked for an RPA startup as a growth marketer. I believe partnerships are so crucial when it comes to reaching customers. Also, in my experience, using social media marketing & organizing webinars provide brand awareness and leads.