How did you find the target audience for your startup and how did you reach out to them?

ammara mehd ghani
12 replies

Replies

Ansh Sdhana
I recommend a tool called "Aeroleads" that you can use to find the contact details of almost anyone on a site like LinkedIn. It is a fast, efficient, and easy-to-use tool that allows you to fetch quality leads for sales. It is basically a chrome extension, whenever you search for prospects on LinkedIn, a window pops up showing the contact details of all the people in your search results. Then you can choose the ones that you believe are likely to buy from you and the tool will automatically build a list of those chosen contacts. They have a database of over 650 million people on LinkedIn, that's why I use this one more than others. Either you handpick the likely prospects yourself or hire a smart intern to do it for you. It also allows you to export the email list to email sequencing tools like Mailchimp, or Zapier. Just have a strong copywriting team and you're good to start sending emails to people and see them turn into sales.
Gonna listen to this one ☝️
Ilya Uglianitsa
To get users to install the product - Facebook Ads \ Google Ads or other ad platforms are still the most quick and effective way 😀 But I’m not sure what do you exactly mean by ‘reach out’ so here is a lifehack to get people for UX interviews \ CustDevs for free. Just in case Contact your microinfluencer friends. Chances are you have couple of friends with 2k-3k followers in Instagram. Ask them to ask their followers if anybody wants to participate in interview. Usually, 2k-3k reach is enough to get at least 1-2 interviews. Even if you have a very complex user persona. After that you can contact more microinfluencer friends or ask your interview participants if they know anybody who also can be a good match
ammara mehd ghani
@ilya_uglianitsa That's exactly what I meant to ask. You gave me great suggestions. I am definitely gonna try it. Already tried facebook/google ads but was unable to find the target audience. Interviews seem like a great option to get feedback and getting more users. Thank you for the advice.
Sarvam Fating
I found my audience on Facebook Groups and the easiest way to reach out to them was through group posts or DMs. Personally, I feel FB is dead, but FB Groups are very much alive.
ammara mehd ghani
@sarvam Totally makes sense. I am posting on different relevant groups and seems like I got some users from the facebook groups.
Gaurav Goyal
We found our first customers by contacting friends and their friends. Then started on ads. Another way to find customers for SaaS is doing limited lifetime deals.
ammara mehd ghani
@gauravgoyal_gg Limited lifetime deals? could you explain this a bit?
To identify who is interested in what you are offering. You can do this by conducting market research or listening to customer feedback. Once you have a good understanding of who your potential customers are, it is essential to create content that resonates with them. This may include blog posts, e-books, case studies, videos, etc.
ammara mehd ghani
@ali_shaheen I read a lot about blogs that it brings in lots of users. Do you know of any good platform to post the blog at?
Rich Watson
Found our target audience on Discord. After the GameStop short squeeze on Reddit, the trading community and number of traders on Discord just blew up. Our first 2,000 signed up users are from Discord. But once we make our app functional through web browser, and in future through mobile app- we will be able to tap into even a larger audience. But the audience we have now is the perfect stepping stone and foundation for when we reach that milestone.