How did you find (or plan to find) your first customers?

Olena Bomko
22 replies

Replies

Ken Lian
Launching soon!
Family, Friends and Fools....
@kenlian Usually, people say that about finding initial investors, not about getting the first customers
Maksym Skrypka
Through social networks. These are mainly LinkedIn and X
Gaurav Kumar
You follow me on LinkedIn, One day you will be my customer/client. It happens on autopilot 😅
Shivangi Awasthi
Through social media. :)) Depending on your product and its user segment and where you can target them easily.
Gaurav Kumar
My first customers were from Product Hunt and Linkedin. I also have a newsletter service of people who basically buy my products. They never opted for services till now. I have joined the slack grp of the products that I use Figma/protopie/Adobe/Blender/webflow. So I get clients from their discord or slack without even asking. If they need me they simply DM me. I send them to memberstack where they buy subscriptions. Billing taxes and invoices are auto-handled and I think it is easier and less stressful than emails. I track everything using Jira and Trello and for emergency purposes, I share my WhatsApp number too. I also nurture my clients like babies 🥹. Honestly speaking finding a good client is like finding a girlfriend/boyfriend. The process is similar 😊. BTW I'm open to dating. Anyone interested can send me a DM (Links are in bio) 🙌 My rule is simple: Be where your clients are, everything else will flow on its own 🙌
Frank Sondors
Communities and social initially
Melissa Watson
Organic reach and word-of-mouth are golden. Also, early adopters are often found in niche online communities.
Ahmed Yassin
Be in front of as many people as possible. They will start telling their friends about you, making you the go-to person for your products or services. Branding gains you loyal customers.
Lukas deConantsesznak
Through word-of-mouth, SEO, and organic social media! It really depends on your industry and product though. I'm in B2C, so I wouldn't use LinkedIn for this, but for other products that do B2B LinkedIn would make perfect sense. Also, cold outbound could work better for B2B as well.
Nick Anisimov
Community, friends, SEO, socials. For a young startup, you need to experiment everywhere until you find growth points.
Rohan Pathak
I'm currently in the middle of getting the first few customers for my SaaS but I'd say looking at your contacts is the first place to go Especially if its a tool that is widely used and is applicable to a lot of people, start with your contacts - family, friends, colleagues and other people who know you Just ask them to try and if they like it, ask them: 'Do you know someone who can benefit from this?"
Nabil
We would target people in high-end coffee shop in downtown Houston and approach them saying we are students building our first business (yes we were) and used the opportunity to interview them and create connections. when we launched we had some of the same folks refer others.
Hirak Kocharee
Launching soon!
Primarily my go-to platforms are LinkedIn and Apollo.
Tyler Scott
For me I found my first potential customers using hashtags on social media sites. This helped me to find a small but dedicated group to the issue I was focusing on. Where I found my largest demographic of potential customers was dedicated Facebook groups. This won't be true for every situation so it's important to know where your potential customers are at and what their interests/habits are beforehand so you can have an easier time finding them.
Ray luan
Still working on my first customer but I think it may come from X
We found the first customer for The Clueless Company from LinkedIn.
Julien Zmiro
Our first AskMore.ai paying customer found us on Twitter. We were super lucky!