How did you come up with the idea of your product or service?

Maurizio Isendoorn
24 replies

Replies

Anastasia Liamets
Was facing the problem of user activation myself, as I used to work as a PMM for startups. Plus, a looot of interviews.
Maurizio Isendoorn
@anliamets Haha I can understand! And Milestone turned out to be a great solution considering its ranking here on PH
Swati Baruah
@anliamets I really like your product, as a PMM in a startup myself, it’s inspiring to see a PMM become a founder. Aspiring for that!
Yannick
I needed it, it was a pain for me at first. This doesn't mean my products are success stories of course. But it's a start.
Maurizio Isendoorn
@mho22 Amazing! It certainly is a great start. What product are you talking about?
Joep van den Bogaert
We started off trying to tackle the BIG problem of trying to reduce administrative burden in health care. We did a lot of interviews and some demos combining speech to text with AI to speed up admin tasks. Unfortunately there were too many barriers there, so we decided to focus on similar problems in more accessible markets first. One of them is sales people and founders who need to document customer talks in the CRM. We are launching that one today (https://www.producthunt.com/post...)!
Michael Shver
I've been a soccer fan and player for a long time, and I've come to understand the many struggles that team managers and team owners face with all the processes required to bring their players to success. So I've decided to create an app that will be an affordable option for team management tasks, allowing soccer enthusiasts to communicate with each other, share tips, strategies and achievements. It will also create new opportunities, such as assisting in finding sponsors to alleviate financial struggles and foster growth.
Maurizio Isendoorn
@michaelshver Wow that's a good idea. Have you already launched the app?
Michael Shver
@maurizioisendoorn not yet, we've just finished the final fixes for the first release in app stores and are waiting for approval πŸ™ We hope it will go smoothly, and we will be able to launch soon!
Hossein Yazdi
I loved exploring new products and tools, so with some hanging on similar directories like mine, I thought of building my own! 😊
Aris Nakos
I also needed my product, a chatbot named Llanai https://www.producthunt.com/prod... I learn languages as a hobby, but also use them professionally for writing and/or interfacing with customers -- I always lacked a platform to practice my conversational skills or improve my pronunciation. Also noted similar struggles in other language exchange apps, such as HelloTalk.
ISTIAK AHMAD
Hey Maurizio , to be honest came up with the idea from my ownb personal pain point! πŸ˜…
Manoj Ranaweera
I wrote about tech startup ideas sometime back https://www.skilledup.life/build... @Maurizio. What do you think?
Jaron Smith
There was a time when everyone couldn't afford a good camera and professional equipment to take high-quality photos so I've built an AI tool that not only improves photo quality but also highlights each detail of photos, making them sharper and crispier.
Milli Sen
Paradigm - We're a remote team of gen AI engineers working on AI projects. How it started: Me and my co-founders started to work on a Gen AI product and we recruited a few AI/ML engineers. Before we knew it, we received some great startup gen AI projects. That's how we came up with the idea that we could actually build a remote gen AI team to work with startups and enterprises.
Bob WIlsey
After working closely with a lot of business owners(restraunts, stores etc) in my area, we identified this missing part- the need for promotions and redemptions for everyday customers. We launched Retexts today!(https://www.producthunt.com/post...)
Abdellah
I remember we had many meetings where we brainstormed ideas, we decided to choose the prefix of our design Devinweb agency (founded in 2012). We decided to use the prefix 'Devin' to symbolize guidance or care or fate. Then, we added the second part 'Stock' to signify resource management within the enterprise. So, we came up with the name Devinstock.
Gurkaran Singh
It's always fascinating to learn about the inception of a new product or service. The creativity and problem-solving process behind it are truly inspiring. Looking forward to hearing more about the journey of ideation and development!