How did you come up with the idea for your product or service?

Sunny Kumar
21 replies
Would like to listen to the maker's thoughts and creativity.

Replies

Francisco Umpiérrez
I don't have enough time to read all the articles I'd like, sometimes not even the energy so created a little tool for myself that summarize and create a shareable version of the page, since my friends seem to like when I share the easier to read versions thought others might want to use and here we are :)
Won Park
Have a reading, meeting. coffee chat
LisaKim
So.. the founder of our company used to work in Entertainment and he would be in meetings where people would argue about who would make the best celebrity ambassador that fit the brand's image. He didn't think it was right for a couple of people in a meeting room to decide who was the "cutest", "most talented" etc. A few years later, he built an AI that analyzes the semantics of enormous user review data (including noisy data like Twitter) and generates real-time rankings :) Check it out on https://www.producthunt.com/post...
Filippo Pietrantonio
By identifying the recurring problems that I face every day. If you come up with a solution that already works great for a few people that have your same problem, then you know your idea has potential!
David Cagigas
Problem faced is problem solved later! That's what we believe in!
Sunny Kumar
@edworking Yeah! With this mindset, we can approach problems with a sense of optimism and work towards finding effective solutions.
Karthik Tatikonda
From the problems, I have faced previously.
Mehmet Avcı
We recognize the importance of privacy, which is why we have developed a UX and web analytics system that is optimized for both web2 and web3, without the use of cookies.
Hossein Yazdi
While being a logo designer and constantly designing logos and showcasing them on Dribbble in the hope of them being seen by clients, I noticed that many of my great works are simply going unused. So, as I was into programming as well, one day I thought of creating a platform dedicated to unused logos where logo designers (including myself 😅) can utilize their NUMEROUS unused logos, sell and make a side income, instead of them being wasted. This is how I came up with the idea of Branition.
Matt Harbord
I wanted to take my daughter wild camping in the Lakes (a few hours drive away) - I was never good enough to keep checking the weather forecast. Figured I could build a tool to do it for me - and then figured it was a good excuse to learn front end coding so others could use it too. Have JUST finished it (I think...) so next week is prep for launch...
roger daniel
Through real-life experience + competitors in specific fields.
Magic Mike Paine
Find a problem that effects a lot of people. Create a product or service that solves it. It helps if its in an industry you're passionate about, so start there.
dontgetrekt
the latest thing i'm building is aiwizard. i saw so many AI tools popping up after openAI release and thought I need to create a wizard type website for AI tools & their instructions. So i had to create aiwizard.
Mei
Identifying pain points from talking to others and my own experiences. Analysing the market to see what's evolving and what isn't.