How create a waitlist and how to distribute it?

Leonid Mikhalev
5 replies
Hello. I haven’t launched yet, currently building a website and beta version. And I have a problem. 1) I want to validate demand and pricing. At what point should I start collecting user’s emails? Should I put a form now, launch website and collect emails, without pricing, just checking the demand? Or maybe just send google form manually, without website and check it this way? 2) Is it okay to have both on website? I mean waitlist, pricing (and u can pay) 3) I think about adding email capture plus place where people could arrange a price on the product, so I could understand how much they willing to pay. Is it a good idea? 4) What platform did u use to create a waitlist? Cheaper, better. I won’t have 1000 people on beta 🫢 Would love to hear bout your experience. Thanks.

Replies

Greg ⚡️ Join The ChatGPT Post newsletter
Hi mate! I'd go with a simple landing page on your website, to collect emails before anything else (talking about what you'll offer with 2 or 3 sentences is great), and engage on social media to: - validate your idea first, - understand if there's a need for your service (where most people fail at, after building), - how much people would pay for it, - and if they don't want to pay for it, understand what companies would pay for data/customer access (another revenue stream); Emails are still highly valuable, and you won't suffer from algorithms changes along the way (and emails are proof people trust you, no one likes spam); Which social media? It depends on where your customers are and where they love engaging, I love Twitter because you can monitor, search topics and have access to people directly (mentions or DMs), When to do it? Well, the earlier you do it, the better, There are many solopreneurs/small businesses that started building a community first instead of monetizing after launching, I strongly believe that's the way to go, Sure, building a community takes more time BUT your followers will: support you, help you reach hurdles, give you feedback, tell you things you weren't thinking about, For your stuff, on a budget, I'd go with: - A free landing page on WordPress, there are many - Plug it into Mailchimp, they have free options, - Have a survey ready with my questions listed, Tally does it well for free as well, - A brand new Twitter / Reddit / Whatever account, - Engaging 2 hours in the evening to understand your targets and refine your offer/pricing/value proposition, hope this helped!
Benjamin Boman
Following :) keen to see other's views.
Tomas Spada
You should start creating the waitlist as soon as possible If you are B2B, I recommend Linkedin Lead Ads and asking for feedback scheduling a call would be ideal
Aida Zu
Interested in this topic!
Swapratim Roy
Interesting thread - I'm looking for sort of same stuff here