How can you manage stress when working with tight deadlines?

Chiara Schwarz-Weichhart
15 replies

Replies

Rosalie Steame
The last time I was this stressed before an interview. These tips https://www.gotresumebuilder.com... helped me a lot. Preparing for an interview and the interview itself are some of the most important stages. This is an opportunity to demonstrate yourself, knowledge and skills. This is the best time to show a potential employer your skills, and also find out from him the detailed conditions of possible cooperation. Not only are you chosen, you also make a choice and a decision.
Karan Arora
Nothing worked as of now, would love to know what works for others.
Peter Hansen
Stress is stress; for me, there is nothing to do about it. Just accept it, organize yourself in the best way possible and get on with the work
Denis
Read Meditations by Marcus Aurelius to change your perspective on the World around you. In the meantime, make sure you unwind post stress period.
Vincent Xu
Managing stress when working with tight deadlines can be tough, but I find that breaking down tasks into smaller, manageable chunks really helps.
Emre Akyamaner
First I let the deadlines tighten, then there's something worth managing.
Carter Michael
I really like creating a workback schedule. Helps me a ton! Stress will still show up but it's typically from a task perspective versus an organization one.
Here are some answers you might not get from others - other than maybe @denis_tl... If you aren't sleeping your productivity drops faster than you might think. Getting only 5 hours of sleep a night for a couple of weeks can give you the same performance loss as not sleeping for 3 straight days. You start making bad decisions, you become more reactive, and your stress increases. Being effective means taking care of yourself even during difficult times (Churchill still painted all the time during WWII - if he can do it, you can too). Deadlines are a time to double down on the most important practices. Set intentions every morning, be effective all day, journal at night. Get a good rest. Eat regularly. This will help keep your mind focused and your emotions under control, leading to more effective decisions and more productive, less error-prone work.
LNguyen
I'm not good at handling tight deadlines so I also need advice on this 🥹
Murat ⚡
Tunnel Vision + Good Tunes = Good Vibes (If you are not getting energy from your work, then what are you doing?)
Igor Lysenko
Try to diversify your vacation, try something new and don’t think about work.
Martin Schumacher
Something I do when I see stressful weeks coming up. I try to automate most of the common tasks for the day, to reduce the time waste. If everything is pre-organized it's easier to keep the head focused on the tasks.
John Williams
Food and people are my stress-busters. So, yea I just go on these short breaks with my ppl and get back to work refreshed to get it sorted.
Daisy
Don't worry and tackle each task one by one in order of priority.
Lamern
A lot of things happened recently but it try to handle everything. Recently had to deal with terriffyin loss of my lif, specifically my dearest friend and thus i spent some time to organise funerals https://uitvaartzorgtorenstad.nl/uitvaart-locatie/eefde/ this was kinda bad experience. But now i have to go back to work and i don't how to deal with everything right now