How can you balance work and personal responsibilities?

elif on
26 replies

Replies

Eylül Danışman
I maintain this balance thanks to the Tools. Thanks to the tools that I organize my personal and business life, I can see how much time I spend on which area. I'm just making up the missing part. I strongly recommend you to review our product designer.tips which contains many tools related to design and daily life. 🥰 https://www.producthunt.com/prod...
Ozan Yalçın
I think making a to-do list is very helpful (even for the little things). With a to-do list, you can see what is on your plate easily and you can plan how to finish them. Then after finishing tasks, you can cross them out, this will give you psychological comfort
salman
We should make a list of all our works and then focus on that list only. In the beginning it is difficult to balance both the things but gradually we get used to it.!!
Alexis Khvatov
Balancing work and personal responsibilities can seem like an impossible feat, but you have the power to make it achievable. Start by setting realistic goals that are specific, measurable and time-oriented. Taking breaks throughout the day to relax and re-energize, engaging in regular physical activities, and leaving time to focus on your mental wellbeing will help you find balance within yourself so you can tackle whatever comes your way. Keeping a positive mindset is key for getting through difficult tasks - think about how far you’ve come in your career and how close you are to achieving your dreams! With a little organization and a whole lot of motivation, work/life balance is possible.
Anastasia C
I don't think there is a balance. People just change focus along with different stages of life.
Martin Balle
Personally I think it's really hard tbh. I have a 1 year old who I spend as much time with as possible, but as soon as she sleeps, it's back to work. With the current stage that my company is at, it's all about getting as many hours in as possible, even though I'm very conscious about freeing up time to do other stuff. In terms of productivity, we use Linear to break down all tasks and focus on the most important ones in cycles, which helps a lot.
Hadia Khawar
@martin_balle same here i have 1.5 month old tag-along at home all the time and i do my remaining work after he fell asleep.
Naren Bhandary
Setting realistic boundaries between work and personal responsibilities is a must. If the line between the two is not clearly defined, then you do not have sufficient clarity over the two to even attempt to strike a balance.
Kate Santoro
I make to-do lists for both work and personal tasks. I try to find tiny blocks of time in my personal time to get specific tasks done. For example, if I have 15m between finishing work and leaving for class, I have enough time to wash the few dishes from lunch. I'll also take mini breaks from work to stretch, and while doing so complete tiny personal tasks, like loading the laundry machine or answering texts.
Isabella
Learn to say “no” ... Take breaks. ... Use your lunch break. ... Ask for flexibility. ... Prioritize your health. ... Practice self-compassion. ... Communicate boundaries so you can truly unplug. ... Invest in relationships. More items... https://twicsy.us/
Nguyễn Trung
I think balance is not about having to get all you want at the same time but more about setting priorities
Karthik
Establish open and honest communication with those in both personal and professional relationships by actively listening, showing empathy, respect, staying connected through technology, and promptly addressing any conflicts that may arise.
Hadia Khawar
I wan to create balance between work life and personal responsibilities but failed most of the time because of work load and much more... But trying hard to do. Wish me luck
Sherry Xena
Make work arrangements and plans during working hours and take personal responsibilities within personal time
Jerrin Jossy
By learning to prioritise each aspect according to its requirement on a regular basis. It may seem very absurd and subtle. But subtle things make life beautiful and worth living.
Jerrin Jossy
By prioritising each of the aspects as per the requirement. Although this may sound absurd and subtle, it's the subtle things that make life beautiful and worth living.
Evelina Radoycheva
Prioritization and setting boundaries. That's it! What really helped me was setting specific work hours and learning how to say "no" to non-essential tasks.
Sanjay Somashekar
I feel both of them go hand in hand. If the culture is flexible enough to give you time to cover your personal responsibilities, you would give back to the place by putting in enough time to get your work done.
julia kazlova
To-do lists moslty. And several planned alarms to drag me out of my routine and focus on main goals.
Timi Lab
To do list is very helpful as it helps us balance our daily activities