How can one improve their communication skills?

Mohamed Zakarya
13 replies
Here's what I do: - Listen actively and seek to understand others' perspectives. - Express myself clearly and confidently to build trust and rapport. - Use nonverbal cues and body language to enhance my communication skills. - Adapt my communication style to different situations and audiences. - Show empathy and compassion towards others. - Practice active listening and ask clarifying questions. - Use positive language and avoid negativity or criticism. What about you? What do you usually do to improve your communication?

Replies

Petr Derbikov
Don't expect instant changes, a gradual process will be more natural and comfortable. First of all, try to be more attractive to others. Smile and maintain an open body posture, this will help others approach you more easily. Instead of jumping straight into deep topics, start with simple conversations. Small conversations about the weather, current events, or common interests such as studying or school activities can be a good place to start. I have also benefited from various coaches in this area.
Kate Kovbii
Hi there, and thanks for this topic 🫰 So ideally, all your communication and messages should be: - Simple - Brief - Clear - Suitable for the audience - Suitable for the channel Since communication is just a tool to help you reach your goals (find friends, make a deal, cut off someone or anything else)❤️
Isaiah Trotter
Nah, I don't bother trying to improve my communication. I just study the art of manipulation and blackmail people into getting what I want ;) Wayyyy more effective.
Sariah Mansoor
Practice works best for me. The more you do it, the better it gets.
Anoir Houmou
Great tips Mohamed, I would like to add that being direct is very important when communicating effectively
Mohamed Zakarya
@anoirhoumou agree, it makes everything clear and straight to the point which helps in avoiding any confusions
Nigee
Work in sales, it will force you to connect with people instantly.
Divya
Try listening to podcasts and read as many books as you can. Don't shy away from entering conversations. Wear confidence as an accessory.