How can I measure the team members' achievements?

Jin Kwon
8 replies
I'm a leader of the product with 3 engineers, but my background is not in engineering. it is tough for me to measure their achievements and increase their salaries based on their achievements. Is there any tip for me? We are a small startup with 8 members.

Replies

Julian Burr
Create a team habit of regular self reflection. It's so much easier and more powerful to have team members proactively talk about and celebrate their achievements than treating it as something you think about once every 6 - 12 months when it's time for the performance review 😊
Jin Kwon
@jburr90 This is a great solution. Thank you. Even though I have 1on1 with them every 2 weeks, but I didn't think about self reflection. Thanks a lot, Julian!
Jerryton Surya
You can try Jira to measure their achivements
Jin Kwon
@jerryton_surya We have been with Jira for almost 1 year, but it's hard to track their performance using it. I think this is because 3 engineers have different backgrounds, devops, backend, and frontend. Do you have any tips to track achievements using Jira?
Jerryton Surya
@jin_kwon1 We have a product to track Jira service management tasks you can give a try it's free only https://www.troopr.ai/slack-char...
Steven Birchall
Easiest way is working with them to set clear KPIs or OKRs which ladder up to the overall business goals. Provided all parties agree to them, this should help baseline what performance looks like and will help drive conversations around where they are overachieving and where they aren't.
Jin Kwon
@stevenbirchall KPIs and OKRs look very nice. Could you let me know some nice examples for their KPIs and OKRs? Our team's workflow is quite waterfall so I may need to align their OKRs first. I don't think the number of tickets or story points they complete makes sense. What could be..?