How can i market a SaSS product build as a plugin or app that runs on slack?

Dave
5 replies
I am intrested in finding how did founders market their plugin or an app build upon other products like polly, dailybot runs on slack.

Replies

Nikita
I've built a Gmail addon and was wondering the same. where do people market Gmail add-ons
Dave
@girlintheframe Best of luck with your product. Let's share in future if we come across something.. or maybe our own experiences.
Aleks Miric
There might be some documentation or podcast episodes about how Polly or Dailybot builders went about it. The thing with Slack plugins is that they kind of grow themselves, you just need to get the ball rolling first. Imagine you join a random Slack community, see a cool plugin and decide to integrate it into your own server as well. I'd probably recommend starting out with stuff that doesn't scale so well but will get you that first 1, 10 or 100 customers. Reddit is great for this as you can just browse relevant subreddits and jump into conversations where people talk about the problem you're trying to solve with your own plugin. Surfkey.io by @johancutych is great to find relevant subreddits, threads and comments on Reddit.
Dave
@a_m4 thank you.. definitely giving the plugin a shot :) Thanks for your suggestion about reddit, have been trying that too.
Alisha Shrestha
please do share your journey once you start that.