How can I get subscribers to open my emails?

Petar Radojcic
8 replies

Replies

Fantayx7
If you are doing email marketing, you should know how important it is to remain relevant and individualized, read this article https://unione.io/en/blog/what-is-personalization-in-email-marketing . If a business sends the same automated messages to all its customers, people will feel bored and may not notice when something new is available.
Laurie Hérault
Sure, here are some tips for getting your emails opened by your subscribers: - Write a clear and compelling subject line that is relevant to the content of your email. - Use a consistent sender name that is recognizable to your subscribers. - Test different subject lines and send times to see which ones are most effective. - Provide value in your emails by sharing useful and relevant content. - Avoid sending too many emails, as this can lead to overload and reduced engagement. - Use preheader text to give your subscribers a preview of what's inside your email and encourage them to open it. By following these strategies, you can increase the chances that your emails will be opened and read by your subscribers. (ChatGPT :))
Richard Gao
@laurieherault I like that you disclosed that you were using ChatGPT. I'm starting to see more and more responses now that are your classic ChatGPT responses, and honestly, it's definitely possible that I've seen more that I was not aware of.
Laurie Hérault
@richard_gao2 I fear that in the future we will have 80% of GPT on the web. But this is an opportunity to create other types of more advanced content. And I think Google will largely penalize the use of GPT. But GPT's answer is incredibly relevant and more interesting than what I could have written myself.
Richard Gao
@laurieherault I don't think Google will be able to tell GPT from non-GPT content, and if it's useful and serves its users well, there is no reason to penalize it. I'm not too concerned about it. If ChatGPT offers text indistinguishable from a person that provides more insight, then I welcome it.
Upen V
Been doing for 2 years to 20,000 subscribers with close 40%-50% open rates for Micro SaaS Idea - https://microsaasidea.com Some pointers: - Nothing beats a good/catchy subject line - There is small pre header/preview feature to show first 1-2 lines. Leverage that - Make sure the email goes with with mobile (so that people will intersted to open it in the upcoming issues too) - Leverage the audience time-zone also. Some ESP has this feature to deliver based on the receiver timezone, if not segment and send. More in this context: 1. There is no 80/20 rule. You have to hit 100% every single time. 2. You are as good as your last newsletter issue for existing subscribers 3. Longer newsletter doesn’t mean always good content 4. Make the issue crisp, and easily digestible. 5. Even for a free newsletter, your reader is paying their time and attention.