How can I avoid low back pain caused by being sedentary?

Henry Miller
10 replies

Replies

Rachana
I set a reminder on my phone or computer to stand up and walk around for a few minutes every hour or so. Or do some of my favorite yoga poses like the Mountain pose and Cobra pose. Try it once, it really helps.
Bruce Liao
It is essential to work on activities to improve back stability and muscle strength. Pilates, swimming, walking and cycling have been proved to be an effective treatment for low back pain. Keep your back straight and your shoulders back.
Anne Broadwin
sedentary - that's a sophisticated word! Agreed with Bruce that some strength trainings would be helpful
Jessica Ebden
1. Take frequent breaks throughout the day. Make sure to stand up, stretch, and move around at least once every hour. 2. Adjust your sitting position frequently, and make sure to maintain proper posture. 3. Avoid sitting in one position for extended periods of time. 4. Strengthen your core muscles by doing abdominal and back exercises. 5. Use a supportive chair with good lumbar support.
sowmya k s
Take a frequent breaks throughout the day. Adjust your sitting position. Use a supportive chair with good support.
Joan Mateo Duarte 🚀
Stretch and do small workouts during sessions, which help me a lot.
Richard Gao
There is a great book on the subject, and it's "the back mechanic" by dr stuart mcgill. The main takeaway is that although being sedentary isn't good for your back, it's the position of your spine that matters more in spinal health. It provides some excellent guides on good posture
Shon Paunan
It's always best to stand up and stretch every 30mins
Mehran Najafi
Taking frequent breaks with micro exercises. You should try MicroMove :)
Andrew Turner
Sitting all day can hurt your lower back. To help with this, stand up and stretch every half hour or so. Easy moves like reaching for your toes or bending sideways can help loosen your muscles. You could also get a standing desk or stand during phone calls. Strengthen your core with planks or gentle yoga exercises to support your back. Going for a short walk during lunch or after work can also help. If the pain doesn’t go away, think about seeing a physical therapist for more help.