How are AI/ML being utilised finance and investment? Share any real world use cases you know of.

Arpita Sinha
9 replies

Replies

Eric Ryan
AI and ML are revolutionizing finance and investment by enabling predictive analytics, risk management, and algorithmic trading. Real-world applications include fraud detection in transactions, personalized investment recommendations based on individual preferences and risk tolerance, and the automation of trading strategies. These technologies enhance decision-making processes, optimize portfolio management, and ultimately drive better returns for investors. If you ever need investment management assistance, consider visiting yieldcapitalsllc.com/.
Seth fisher george
AI and ML are being utilized in finance and investment for various purposes, including fraud detection, algorithmic trading, risk assessment, credit scoring, portfolio management, chatbots and virtual assistants, sentiment analysis, fraud detection in insurance claims, and customer relationship management. These applications help improve decision-making, automate processes, detect patterns, and enhance risk management in the financial industry. https://www.marykayintouch.website/
Arpita Sinha
@seth_fisher_george interesting, that's quite a number of use cases you've listed there! I believe there's never been a better time to build fintech apps with generative AI having changed the entire landscape.
Vipul Vaibhaw
I have seen deepdow, a deep learning based portfolio optimization tool being adopted a lot. deepdow is a framework that focuses on portfolio optimization via end-to-end deep learning. Its goal is to facilitate research of networks that perform weight allocation in one forward pass.
Arpita Sinha
@drkolenklow portfolio optimisation can be enhanced significantly with such tools. I'll check out deepdow. Thanks!!
Thaha
Currently fund managers use it to track market and project trends. That I am sure of. I also think big companies are already using it to create sales trends, stock projections etc. (Haven't seen it yet)
Arpita Sinha
@thehighsecond absolutely, AI has been in use in the industry for quite some time. It's with the introduction of generative AI though, that it has come to the forefront and has enabled end users to directly experience its benefits.
Jerrilyn Buonadonna
One cool real-world use case is in predictive analytics. These smart algorithms analyze vast data sets to predict market trends. For instance, hedge funds use them to make data-driven investment decisions.