How and where do you get the ideas for your social media posts?

Charlie Kor
17 replies
I usually get ideas from my experience, other people's tweets and a question I wonder about How and where do you get the ideas for your social media posts?

Replies

James Hallahan
A mixture of current news/events in my world/company's industry, Chat GPT, and content I consume
Neil Roy
Apart from the general stuff - reading from other's tweets or posts - I've figured that a lot of long form content have hidden gems of topics or narratives - which can become great social media ideas. 2 major formats - Explainer Videos & Podcasts. Long form blogs/content. Issue with these posts is, lack of time to actually read or listen to these. I'm talking about going through 100 podcasts in a day. 1 way to fast track it. Use a ChatGPT based free plugins, and scape the synopsis. Blogs -> https://chrome.google.com/websto... Videos/Podcast -> https://chrome.google.com/websto... Either read through these, or feed it to ChatGPT again, and ask for social media post Ideas.
Charlie Kor
@neilroy91 I didn't expect the Podcasts. Come to think of it, there is the best spot for ideas and content.
Neil Roy
@charlie_lee1 - Absolutely - since by company is in the eCommerce space - I have a list of eCommerce podcasts - and periodically do this activity.
Well, I usually consult my magical crystal ball for inspiration. But in all seriousness, I find inspiration from funny moments throughout my day, industry news, and conversations with my followers. How about you?
Nuno Reis
Mostly exposure to other socials and things I'm currently involved in. If there are news things you are finding out, believe that in a world of 8 billion humans you're not the only one that needed that new piece of knowledge and didn't know it ehehe 😁
Elissa Craig
I like to schedule time for social listening. I will scroll through and read what our followers are tweeting or things that pop on in industry news. From there, I can normally source a topic and go from there. I am a big fan of grabbing Tweet screen shots and adding a nice, branded background then adding more context in the caption for refitting for LinkedIn and Meta!
Charlie Kor
@elissa_craig That's a great strategy. I also refer to tweets, but I don't know how to use them again. your answer is helpful :)
Max Yamp
Reddit anyone? It's the best place to find trending content on any topic.
Charlie Kor
@yampolskymax Agreed. Reddit is a good channel for finding trending content. However, I think it is important to choose the right subreddit