Have you used the upcoming page as known as Ship, for getting the first early adopters?

Ksenia Goron
9 replies
Going to ship a product beta using the "Building in progress" Product Hunt feature. Not a bad method to get subscribers who wanted to be the first on trying the product beta. The goal is to collect as many emails as I could before the product launch. Once the app is in public I'll mail them to offer to try our beta. Some quantity of the subscribers you will get organically within PH. But I wonder, whether I might boost this process, maybe push some promotion of the shipping page? What are your thoughts on it? Have you any experience with this? Eager to hear your thoughts and opinions :)

Replies

Nitin P
The FAQs says Ship is no longer accepting new submissions. So what is the alternative? On the Ship page you the plans and payments still seem active though. I am confused.
Ksenia Goron
@nitin_p wow! but it works if I try to complete the submission page. I have sent a question to tech support of Product Hunt. Let's see what they say...
Ksenia Goron
@nitin_p @maksim_holub1 I see that it was just renamed and is now called Building in progress. But works as the former Ship category.
Nitin P
@maksim_holub1 @xeniagoron Are you able to create a page with all the benefits? This FAQ says - "As of 12/2/22 we are no longer accepting new sign-ups for Ship." https://help.producthunt.com/en/...
Lisa Dziuba
Nope, never used tbh
Ksenia Goron
oh, will test it, if it will be relevant for you in the future. I have used it, but without any additional promotion. This option brought me extra 200 emails during UI Bakery pre-launch and made it easier to get this quantity as upvotes during PH launch day. So I am sure this is a useful tool, but I'd like to know How I can grab more from this :)
Priyani Sharma Ahuja
Hey Kesnia, we have a launch coming up on PH. So, I wanted to understand if you did both the "Teaser banner" and "upcoming page" for your launch. And any pointers on what strategy worked best to get support from the PH community for your launch