Have you used ChatGPT to build an app?

Aaron O'Leary
15 replies
I don't mean using the API, more so the playground. I remember when it first arrived, people were using the bot to code up apps for them, have you done this?

Replies

Carson Cohen
Yes. Fusion is powered by Open AI. Fusion is an AI-powered prompt-engineering software that renders enhanced GPT prompts. πŸ€– Utilizing the power of Open AI's GPT technology, Fusion generates unique and creative prompts to help you yield higher-quality content. πŸ”₯ Check it out on PH! producthunt.com/products/fusionai-2
Tabrez Syed
Yep. And I realized building more than the simplest apps is hard. It's one thing to build simple copywriting helpers, but what if you want to build an app that talks to your database or other services? That requires a lot of heavy lifting. Fortunately, a few libraries are making this easier (Langchain, Dust.tt). There wasn't one for Ruby, so I've started working on an open-source library (Boxcars).
Aaron O'Leary
@tabrezsyed Yeah that's been my experience also, I was able to build a simple community app using it but not further then that and making any edits to the app design via GPT turned out to be a little frustrating haha
Richard Gao
Before the API? No The code it generated was full of errors
No but I’d love to!
Kulsoom Awan
Yeah, just integrated into our product i.e, Social Champ
Bedanta Seal
Introducing CP Chat (CIPI) - the ultimate AI-powered assistant to co-create your visions. Access it easily through your mobile phone without downloading any app, by clicking the WhatsApp link below. Explore the Magic Menu and experience 'generate image' and 'speak to AI' options. Want to know the magic behind this? It's powered by the same model that ChatGPT uses! Let's co-create something amazing together. Click here to get started: https://wa.me/913613501042?text=Hello
Christoph Miksche
Not yet but I plan to add ChatGPT to Alphalerts and have some new Apps in my mind which will make use of ChatGPT.
Justus Mulli
Yeah the issue is when ask for stuff you're not proficient in, you can't tell if ChatGPT is making stuff up or if it's actually correct. Also it will make stuff up for less common programming languages. So basically, only use it for somewhat common programming language, and ideally nothing overly complex that's beyond your abilities.
ALEXIA
Exploring an app idea with a developer. It’s so new to everyone, right?
Nitin Sahu
most of the solutions it gives is with deprecated libraries for complex question. i myself have wasted a lot of time debugging these solutions only to find later that the library is deprecated
Karthik
yes, built mindbucket using chatgpt
BiglySales
No!! But I would love to know how !!
Murali Gottumukkala
We are incorporating its features into our app