Have you experienced burnout or depression?

I assume the answer is yes, but I'm interested to know how you think of these problems. Were you aware that you were experiencing depression or burnout? Did you recover well? How many times do you think you have experienced an advanced stage? And finally, do you sense when these types of problems are coming?

Replies

Yannell Selman
The mistake is that people wait until burnout is a mental health crisis before they take action. Solving burnout requires us to look at upstream causes, and those are mostly work practices. The six drivers of burnout are workload, lack of control, lack of rewards, lack of community, unfairness, or lack of values alignment. We have to take a hard look as managers and leaders at these six attributes to prevent burnout. As an individual, getting High Quality Time-Off can also help - intentional disconnection each day/weekend/year. We're actually hosting a 30 mins. webinar on Friday 7/28 on this on LinkedIn - Find us there! @cultiveit
Kunal Mehta
Yes Actually I have personally experienced burnout or depression. I understand that burnout and depression are serious issues that can affect individuals in various professions, including the field of education. It is crucial to prioritize mental health and seek support when needed. ProApp, as an edtech platform, emphasizes the well-being of its users and provides resources and guidance for managing stress and maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
Yes for sure, I noticed immediately and took free days to unwind
ᴋᴀʀᴏʟ ᴋᴏʀᴏɴᴏᴡɪᴄᴢ
@johnberg Have you find yourself in situation when few days or holidays (1-2 weeks) doesn't help?
@koronowicz I think I would try changing mindset first and prioritize, if not, I would change work environment because burnout generally caused by the way of work or overloaded workload.
Indu Thangamuthu
Both... yes and yes. I was aware... of both depression and burnout, but I had no other option but to experience it. Recovery...is always under progress.
Guillaume C
I'd not say depression but there are of course up and down in life. When it happens, I just remember why I'm working on my project, the road already achieved, and the next steps! Taking a day or weekend off helps a lot though
Dmitriy Pegov
Of course. Family and friends help very much in such situations.
Parker Klein
Hi Karol, yes, I had depression in college and found writing was the best way for me to overcome it. Seeing your thoughts, understanding them, and realizing they are just thoughts helped a lot. Took a while about a year, but I came out of it. Hope you're well
ᴋᴀʀᴏʟ ᴋᴏʀᴏɴᴏᴡɪᴄᴢ
@parkeraklein Thanks, for sharing that. I read that Abraham Lincoln did battle chronic melancholia with writing as a form of therapy.
Amanda Woodson
I definitely think over the fact that burnout and depression are insidious and unfortunately too common in today's fast-paced world. It's easy to brush off fatigue as just being tired, but there's often so much more to it. I've experienced burnout on my own and it is quite difficult to combat with and it is even not a depression. I stumbled upon a burnout test on Calmerry's blog recently, and let me tell you, it was a game-changer. It made me realize that what I was feeling wasn't just tiredness—it was burnout, creeping into every corner of my life. Taking that test was like flipping a switch, giving me the clarity I needed to start addressing the root of the issue. If you're feeling like you're constantly running on empty, I urge you to check out the burnout test mentioned in this post. Trust me, it's worth it. Understanding where you're at is the first step toward reclaiming your mental well-being. Here's the link: https://calmerry.com/blog/burnou... Take care of yourselves, folks. We've got this!