Have you ever not used a product because of privacy concerns?

Irina Haupt
5 replies
I certainly have and being a maker now makes me see this as an issue for many. I'd love to get your thoughts on what you think companies can do to overcome these concerns when it comes to their products.

Replies

Aster Key  Brad Blumberg
Yes! Got so tired on finance app and institutions letting me know the data they store has been hacked, that we started AsterKey.com
Irina Haupt
@bradblumberg oh jeez, that sounds like a terrible experience! So glad you're trying to tackle this issue with you product - will definitely check it out!
Mukhammadyusuf Abdurakhimov
I use some extensions to track the trackers on web apps and mobile apps and prevent them from sending my data to their servers. The ordinary person in today's world has more than 1000 data collection attempts on a daily basis. Where in my case it was all over 5000 data collection attempts from my wifi signals to battery usage data.
Irina Haupt
@uwussimo Thanks for sharing your thoughts and those numbers 🤯 in your eyes, what can companies do to overcome these concerns? Lots of companies have privacy policies that outline how they collect and use data, as well as how they protect it. Is this something you feel is trustworthy or are the extensions your only way to go?