Have you ever hit the wall of burnout? 🔥

Nataliya Trotsenko
6 replies
Have you ever experienced burnout? It's a state of emotional, physical, and mental exhaustion caused by excessive and prolonged stress. As professionals, we push ourselves to meet high expectations, often at the expense of our well-being (especially guys like us - here at PH). I’m curious to learn about your experiences with burnout. How did you first recognize the signs of burnout? What were your symptoms? More importantly, how did you navigate through this turbulent phase to reclaim your peace and productivity?

Replies

Uma Venugopal
so many times! The best way to phase it out and prevent it from occurring more often is taking time to do the boring stuff.
Mohammed Kheezar Hayat
The few times I have experienced it, the main symptom seems to be that I want to keep working to fill some kind of void. But in truth my mind wants stimulation of some other kind (play, in other words) and it is just being bad at recognising that, and is fooling itself into thinking that it's not working enough. The lesson is that rest is already overdue by the time one starts to feel burnout. Keep the mind engaged in other activities. Play is essential to rest.
Aneesh Arora
Many times. I have a tendency to get into a workaholic mode where I just keep working non stop late hours and even on the weekends which can eventually lead to a burnout. I need more rest than normal to come out of it. An extended weekend or a vacation even and then I try to pace myself out later.
Yami Sun
Launching soon!
Not quite yet. I'm in the process of reassessing my lifestyle whenever I start feeling close to burnout. We're launching "Cascad3 - A decentralized inspiration-driven publishing platform" on Product Hunt soon. Let's collaborate! I would appreciate your support and feedback by clicking the "Notify Me" button to stay tuned and be the first to know when Cascad3 debuts on the stage.👇 producthunt.com/products/cascad3 Thank you! Best regards, Yami
Yannell Selman
For me, it always happens the same way: exhaustion > cynicism > hopelessness. If anyone’s teams are struggling w burnout in the current environment, this is a great FREE resource to support high performers. It has a super fresh approach to burnout prevention that’s all evidence based and helps folks take control of their ability to thrive. Comes with a workbook as well! https://cultiveit.gumroad.com/l/...