Have you ever experienced therapy?

Bhavna Singh
11 replies
If yes, what was that last nail in the coffin situation which finally convinced you to start therapy and how was your experience? If not, have you ever considered and is there something specific preventing you from it?

Replies

Magdale Mandala
The thought of starting therapy has crossed my mind more than once. Life's challenges, be it stress at work, relationship issues, or the overwhelming sense of not being good enough, have made me wonder if professional help is the answer. While I navigate these considerations, one non-invasive aid that has made a significant difference is a best light therapy lamp, especially beneficial for those dealing with seasonal affective disorder (SAD) or certain sleep disorders. It's a way to introduce a positive element into your daily routine without the commitment of therapy.
Leyla Aliyeva
I've been a few times and I have to say it was one of the best things I've ever done for myself. Working on myself with my therapist enabled me to develop a sense of boundaries rooted in self-respect, leading to understanding what it means to love myself. It changes how I perceive the world around me because it changes how I perceive myself..")))
Bhavna Singh
@leyla_aliyeva1 Glad to hear that. Yeah this is what I also learnt recently that how you perceive yourself is how the world looks at you. Merely changing that perception changes so many things. :)
Rich Watson
Not by an actual therapist, but used to do monthly sit downs with my doctor when I was dealing with gnarly anxiety that I needed medication for
Bhavna Singh
@richw that's great. Do you still do that? How did it feel when you first sat down with your doctor and discussed things?
Ingrid
I have. I started 7 years ago and it definitely was the best decision. The self-knowledge is an important tool for a healthy life.
Meadow Simmons
It's the best thing that ever happened in my life!
Joanne Hurley
Major anxiety is always a trigger to start therapy for me and I have done it off and on, when needed over a number of years, and pretty consistently over the last 10. It's up there as one of best things I have done for myself. I also use it proactively and not just reactively. I think it's important that whoever your therapist is, you feel some sort of connection with so if it doesnt feel right after a few sessions when you first go, maybe try somebody else.
Shahroz Ali
i have red light therapy last month i was feeling too much pain in my body so i done it and feel to much relax and power for my next work