Has your usage of Google search gone down significantly after ChatGPT?

Ankur Singh
24 replies

Replies

Peri Besiraci
Yes, absolutely. I mostly use ChatGPT now. But sometimes the information provided by ChatGPT can be misleading, then I may have to go back to Google and confirm.
Yes. You can say it has been dropped by half in my case.
Juliana
I use chatGPT most of the time at this point, unless I am actively searching for information I need to be accurate (which you can't always rely on chatGPT to be), it makes sense to use a more conversational method.
Shirley-Louise Daniels
Just looking at ChatGPT - learning new tech takes time if you're older and not techie! So Google is still my go to at the moment - but one day .....
Adplus
Yes definitely
Aleksei Evstifeev
Nope. ChatGPT has limited data up to 2021, which it constantly reminds us about. There are cases when I don't need live data from the internet, but there are many where I need to see what people are writing and saying, what different interfaces look like, and what's on the cutting edge of today's agenda. GTP cannot do that. When it comes to data of an encyclopedic character, I prefer ChatGPT, but as soon as I need to do some research, there's not much use in it compared to Google.
Ankur Singh
My usage has gone down by at-least 80%
Elizabeth Tishchenko
For factual information checks, I don't use Chat GPT, for other cases as explanations on tough terms, and overviews on specific topics it does a great job.
Absolutely! I dont even remember last time I googled something 😀
Aleksandra Dikan
no)) I still use google a lot
srprs
Definitely!
I would say I am using them both, I am not solely relying on the information provided by ChatGPT because of the freshness of data. Up to date content = Google ChatGPT = Getting access to relatively more accurate information (before the training date)
Apollon Latsoudis
I never thought I would be using those words someday, but I am now using bing more than google due to GPT integration. So yeah, google search has greatly diminished in my case
Eden
I feel the most bad for Stackoverflow! I haven't used that site now in weeks
Jordan Ellis
I still mostly use google for basic questions or research. It's still much faster and more accurate.
Richard Gao
Not at all I don't even use ChatGPT that much
MARIZSA
I don't use google anymore, at all.
Aldo Radesic
I use ChatGPT for quick searches. Unfortunately, ChatGPT often displays incorrect results. For precise searching, I use a free tool called Noog, which I developed years ago, that forwards search parameters to Google or other search engines.