Has anyone managed to open an account with Braintree payments?

Elena
5 replies
Opening a (live) account with braintree seems impossible. Sales never answer, and support only repeats "please contact sales". Did you manage to go live with braintree payments? Please share your secret tips :) Alternatively, please share what other payment provider you are using! Thanks!

Replies

Burak Tokak
Hey Elena! I use Paddle, which is only for "digital saas products". It works very well for me for global payments. Fees are pretty good, also they handle the invoicing with your legal name (or company name) and they have things to increase your conversion, like automatic follow-up email campaigns.
Elena
@burak_tokak Thabks for your reply, Burak! Yes, I see you mention Paddle on your api page. Was it easy to integrate with? They charge 5%, it seems a bit steep, is it worth it for you? Please share your experience!
Elena
@burak_tokak also, what made you choose Paddle over everything else (stripe, adyen, braintree, mollie, etc etc?)
Burak Tokak
@ice_lenor the 5% cut is definetely worth it, their emailing system is very well integrated with any saas needs, universal payment coverage (supports apple pay/google pay) and checkout page bounce emails is a big win for me (I convert a lot of users with that). Very easy to integrate, and they do wire transfers for payout (which I specifically need)