Getting in flow on a big coding task

Cara (Borenstein) Marin
7 replies
The concept of flow is attributed to Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi, a psychologist who spent more than 50 years traveling the world to understand what powered creativity. He found there were moments where people felt like their work was effortless and outside of time. A state of being where they felt in control because their skills were well matched to the challenge they hoped to best. He called this 'Flow'. A key point he emphasized is that the task needs to be the right amount of hard to get in flow. You’ll get bored with a simple task before you’re done. And the frustration surrounding an unreasonable task or one not relevant to your skill set is a clear barrier to finding your flow. So, given that you have a nice meaty task, how do you get in flow and stay there? Some things that we found to be helpful: 🧠 Do a brain-dump of everything on your mind related to the task at hand. ⬆️ Prioritize the top 1-3 tasks that need looking into. 👯‍♀️ Pull in a partner for anything that's intimidating or extra tricky. If you're stuck for 30 min on the same thing, it's probably best to have a second set of eyes? What have you found to be helpful for getting in flow on meaty tasks?

Replies

Moore Ben
By now, after reading your new replies and tinkering with the play snake game by I feel I have a basic understanding of how it works. Looking forward to experiment more to see how I can make it all work.Thanks a bunch to all of you!
Matthew Johnny
"There's something about the rhythmic, repetitive nature of coding that can take your mind off the daily grind. I've always been a fan of the 'flow state' where I'm completely immersed in the task at hand, which can help me produce some of my best work." Online Book Publishing Services
Maya Claire
You can improve your writing skills in terms of grammar, style, and research with the help of this academic writing course online UK. Additionally, you'll receive helpful guidance on how to advance your skills, including how to read critically, how to write an essay, how to write a research paper, and how to write a book. It is what? a web-based course that instructs you on improving your essay and research paper writing. Additionally, you'll pick up practical knowledge on how to advance your abilities, including how to read critically, write essays, research papers, and books.
Steira Air
Salesforce Business Automation: What Real Customers Have to Say? To help you save time and resources, Salesforce offers a comprehensive collection of automation options. The majority of the repetitive business procedures in your company can be automated with Flow Builder. It integrates Workflow Rules and Process Builder functionality into a single point-and-click tool. If/then business processes can be automated with Flow Builder, and you can see a graphical depiction of your automation as you construct it. A component of the Salesforce Platform that focuses on automating business processes is Salesforce Automation. It assists in automating routine processes like developing records based on lead acquisition, delivering planned or prompted communications, developing approval workflows, etc.
Steira Air
A personal computer that only uses renewable energy is called the Net Zero Cloud. The Quirky ONE, the first All-In-One (AIO) desktop computer built from the ground up to be powered by renewable energy, serves as the basis for the motherboard. The best content management system, Net Zero Cloud, makes it simple to handle any aspect of your website's content, from blog posts and marketing to website design and business. You can complete tasks with a single click thanks to the user-friendly and quick-loading interface, and the robust content management features allow you complete control over the content of your website. Without ever leaving the interface, you can effortlessly add, amend, and delete pages, articles, and videos. The built-in search engine also makes it easy to find the information.
busam KHAN
Basement waterproofing cost refers to the expenses involved in protecting a basement or below-ground level of a building from water infiltration and damage. The cost of basement waterproofing can vary depending on several factors, including the size of the basement, the extent of the water problem, the chosen waterproofing method, and the region where the property is located
Celoxis PPM
Celoxis is the Best Project Management software for project planning and managing diverse portfolios. Everything from projects to resource management, budgeting to revenue forecasting, time & expense tracking, in-depth reporting & collaboration. Choice of deployment options: both SaaS & On-Premise with 99.99% up-time for complete peace of mind.