Getting Beta Testers: What Works and What Doesn't?

Chaimae Sakhi
1 reply
Hello everyone! We've recently launched Wiseone: a new AI-powered chrome extension that enriches the news reading experience by saving time and better analyzing & understanding online information. We are now in the process of getting Beta testers. I am interested in hearing about your experiences getting beta testers and your suggestions for best practices. Here's what I have tried so far: 1. Polywork (works super well) 2. LinkedIn (not bad) 3. Twitter (trying to find ways to make it work) 4. Reddit (banned everytime for self promotion) 5. Free listing websites (meh, not so much) We've had promising results with these methods (about 200 sign ups, 100 logins and up to 10 active daily users). I would love to hear about what has worked for you and what hasn't. Specifically: what platforms and strategies have you used to successfully gather first active users? And how do you manage their feedback and ensure they stick around to become early adopters? Looking forward to hearing your insights and suggestions. Cheers Ps: Here's wiseone for reference https://bit.ly/3k4UT4d

Replies

Chris Horne
I've been toying with the idea of creating a project that all it does is allow you to get testers by testing and giving feedback on other projects.. Basically a credit system.. You review a product, get a credit, and then can use that credit to get reviews on your own product. Everytime I see a post like this it validates this idea more and more.. Although I do want to checkout polywork now.