From Zero to $200 in 2 weeks: My Micro SaaS Pre-sale Secret

Manoj R
7 replies
Hello Makers, The Idea Stage: When I was building my first product, I didn't have much marketing knowledge. I focused primarily on development, which led to zero traffic on my site. I soon realized I needed to market effectively to generate leads and sales. So, I hired an SEO/SMO analyst to promote my product on social media and search engines. However, the analyst didn't have extensive knowledge about my SaaS product or the niche. With limited followers on Twitter and LinkedIn, I realized promoting my product solely on social media wouldn't drive significant traffic. Since I lacked SEO knowledge, I thought writing blogs and sharing links across social channels would bring massive traffic. I created high-quality blogs and shared them, but only saw 1-10 visitors. This led me to share the core points in the form of infographics. Here's where things changed: my existing followers paid attention, liked the posts, and I gained new followers while engaging with the existing ones. This experience sparked an idea, and I discovered that this might be a new marketing strategy many businesses could benefit from. How I Validated My Idea? To validate my idea, I used both free and paid tools (which I'll detail in a future article). Building a landing page felt outdated; a waitlist page could be more effective for capturing leads. I created my waitlist page using a no-code tool called momentum.page. The landing page had a catchy tagline in the hero section, an option to join the waitlist, and clear use cases. I then shared the landing page on subreddits, requesting feedback on the idea. This generated significant traffic – around 1.4k page views within 24 hours – and over 150 users joined the waitlist, a first for me. Most of them provided valuable feedback, helping me understand what features to prioritize in development. How I Started Generating Revenue? Before building, I wanted to ensure user willingness to pay. During interactions on the subreddits, I directly asked if they'd pay for such a tool. Some responded with "maybe, if it meets our expectations." This gave me hope that I could build a valuable tool and generate revenue. However, I craved more convincing data before diving into development. I added a pre-order option to my waitlist page, offering discounts to early supporters. I then informed a select group of waitlisted users about the pre-order option – and some started buying! Here's the landing page that worked for me: https://infography.in

Replies

Paolo Go
Thank you for sharing this valuable info, Manoj
Ashna khan
Extremely valuable, thanks bro.
Karl Singleton
Congratulations on your journey from idea to generating revenue with your Micro SaaS product! Your approach to validating the idea and generating pre-orders is both creative and strategic. Engaging with your audience on subreddits, creating a waitlist page, and directly asking about willingness to pay are all excellent methods for market validation.
Gurkaran Singh
Hey Makers, What a journey from zero to $200 in just 2 weeks! Kudos on cracking the code (pun intended) to validating your micro SaaS idea and turning it into a revenue-generating machine. It's inspiring to see how you leveraged social media, infographics, and subreddits to capture leads and user feedback effectively. Your strategic use of a waitlist page and offering pre-order discounts show that sometimes the simplest ideas yield the biggest results. As a fellow tech enthusiast and data science aficionado, I can truly appreciate the hustle and ingenuity it takes to bring a concept to life. Keep tinkering with those circuits (and maybe a bit of code) to keep pushing the boundaries of what's possible. Looking forward to hearing more about the tools you used and your future success stories. Cheers to your success and may your micro SaaS venture continue to thrive and grow! Best, Gurkaran Singh