Founders, how do you feel when the world is boiling with AI product launches?

Renat Abyasov
9 replies
Every day A large number of new AI products are launched here. However, I am constantly tormented by one question - am I missing an opportunity? Am I doing what I need to do? Founders, do you have such thoughts?

Replies

Alina Valyaeva
It seems to me that the right choice here is to do what you think is important, rather than nurturing your FOMO. It's like the advent of cars and then airplanes: I guess it hasn't been easy for people to come to terms with the new reality of being able to cross the planet in a matter of hours, or to visit multiple distant places in a matter of days. But you'll never be able to be everywhere at once (until the Internet comes along, hah). Staying calm and balancing between JOMO and FOMO as best you can is another answer. The amount of new stuff is only going to increase, so you'll never be able to keep up with it all.
Mei
Struggling to keep up with it all, but it's an exciting time to be alive.
Kavita
I think as a founder your focus should always be on the problem you are excited/passionate to be solving. If AI can be a tool to help you solve that problem better, than great. But it is not a solution in itself. I think we are seeing tons of AI products now, but the ones that will probably stand the test of time are the ones which make their value proposition clear (which probably will have nothing to do with AI and more to do with how they benefit/change someone's life or way of working).
Janine N
The area of AI is huge and it’s such an interesting topic and I think we can’t even begin to imagine what it’s gonna bring. I look at a lot of new products, challenge for myself if they solve a worthy problem and try and learn if they used elements of AI in a new and interesting way. Definitely be open minded, but I don’t think you’re missing an opportunity. That would only be the case if you had a great idea, but are not going for it.
Dexter Awoyemi
I'm constantly changing my mind as I learn more and more. I think the important thing is not to let it stop you from executing on ideas. The faster you can launch, validate, evaluate etc the better. And if you find yourself in a high conviction scenario, super.
Renat Abyasov
@dextersjab Yes, it is the speed of work that makes me think about it. The main thing is not to lose focus on the problem that your product solves.