For a B2B SaaS : Freemium or Free Trial ?

Toni
2 replies
What are the pros & Cons of Free Trial vs Freemium ? What's the best strategy for B2B SaaS ?

Replies

Veer Abheek Singh Manhas
I think it is levered based on a few things: - Audience - Product Usage - How the product functions. - How big is the ask to add a credit card? How much would you charge after the trial? - Would freemium be a good hook for the long term? They signed up and will upgrade when the time is right vs Free Trial - only take it when it is necessary to try. In the end, I don't thing there is a best strategy, it is the customer and the solution you are providing. What gives the most value to the customer and you? For my product, we did create a hybrid of freemium and free trial where their first optimization would be free - trypixie.io but it wasn't a good decision, it meant some of our would-be customers were not gonna pay and we would. Giving a few images didn't make sense - our product functions in a way that we can't optimize 5 images in a CMS, and the results can't be felt. Would love your view on how Pixie could have a Freemium or Free Trial.
Toni
@veermanhas Thanks a lot for your insights and feedback from your experience with Pixie. I'll take a loot at it and give you my feedback too. thanks a lot