Favorite story from your first launch?

Shaw McKean
15 replies
Wow! we launched folsom today, and it has been such a rewarding, exhausting, inspiring 20 hours. mini-dance breaks throughout the day were definitely a highlight. What do you remember from your first launch?

Replies

Jeff Fajans
Congrats, Shaw! What did you find most challenging about the launch? Most energizing?
Isaac Martin Otim
It was an impromptu launch, obviously flopped. But it was good to flop, I've flopped repeatedly over the years, and each time I learn one new thing. Maybe after a few 100 flops, I'd have learned enough to have a really successful launch. Let's normalize launching quickly, failing often, learning each time, and not romanticizing "the launch". You literally have unlimited tries.
Mansi Trivedi
Gonna share mine on Thursday! Right now all I can think of is realising how stressful this is!
Isaac Martin Otim
@mansi_trivedi1 keep calm, you've got this. I've turned on notifications but feel free to reach out to me on launch day if you don't see me there 😅
Rohit Joshi
When we launched our first product, I was a newbie and not familiar with the Product Hunt community, so it didn't go as well then we put more effort, learned, and successfully launched our second product. Today marks the third launch of LLM Spark by YourGPT. Hoping and expecting this to be our best launch yet.
Shivam
I got paid user from ProductHunt but he didn't upvote the product 😅
Ritesh Kumar Prasad
Favourite story is yet to be revealed, as we just launched AppSave: https://www.producthunt.com/prod... Excited to see the support and love we receive.
Raju Singh
In the making. Launched AppSave today on PH for the first time and it's been 2 hours into it. Love the support we get here.
Daryna Berezhna
We haven't checked that you can't launch educational courses. We've launched it and it didn't go as we expected 😅 However, today we're launching our AI-driven email performance solution, which helps your letters land in the Primary Inbox (and not be trapped in spam or promotions), so we hope that this time we'll be more successful. We would appreciate any support. (https://www.producthunt.com/post...)
David Herrera
A bit confused about reviews! How can I ask for my first review? :S
James Keats
Dear Shaw, I gained a paying user through ProductHunt, but regrettably, they did not upvote the product. Only a few individuals showed their support by upvoting.
Neel Patel
I will find out very soon!
Kate Ramakaieva
We are preparing for the first launch, but there are worries that you can't be prepared too much. Love to go through such discussion with experience sharing. Thanks Shaw!