Exploring the Future of Product Hunt

minahil khalid
13 replies
Let's speculate on the future of Product Hunt. How might the platform evolve and what impact could it have on the tech ecosystem?

Replies

Rince Sebastian
They should be more strict so that paid upvotes and bots can be minimized otherwise the platform may lose it's value that it currently upholds
Product Hunt has the potential to become the go-to incubator for tech innovations, providing a launchpad that not only showcases but also actively shapes emerging tech trends. Its evolution could significantly amplify the visibility of new startups, driving both investment and collaboration across the global tech ecosystem.
@xyz_333Z Yeah Product Hunt may become a leading incubator for tech innovations, given its current role in showcasing new products and startups. This transition could have a significant impact on shaping emerging tech trends.
Sudheer Yerra
That's an interesting topic to look at. How about having the platform including hackathons where Founders work with newbies to build/add features for their products? This would open a wide range of opportunities for both entities.
Sudheer Yerra
@minahilkhalid I know right! Fresh perspectives for the founders and learning opportunities for the newbies
Denis
The future is grim, given where PH was and where it is now. Having a "product of the day" badge back in the day was a bragging right. Today, it's not worth much. PH was a one-hit wonder. Hype faded, and now PH is left with a bunch of bots, scammers selling support, and a surge of "products" without real value. Ryan is a smart guy and sold it when the time was right.
Many people claim Product Hunt isn't as good as it used to be. It may be true, but people make the same complaint about Facebook, X, Reddit, etc. Product Hunt, with all its challenges, is still a great platform for app makers. I personally experienced a material MRR increase after someone hunted my product on PH. With PH and X, my philosophy is to help others, have fun, not spam, and yes, ask for support when it's my time to launch.
@jgani Product Hunt is still important for app makers and can lead to personal MRR growth post-launch despite criticisms. Genuine engagement and support are crucial for success on the platform.
Jamie L
Product Hunt has the potential to become even more integral to the tech ecosystem, possibly shaping up as a primary launchpad for innovative startups. As it evolves, I envision deeper community engagement tools and more robust analytics for makers to track their product's impact.
Mansi Trivedi
I hope it has a GIF option by the end of this year and also a better way to get people's attention rather than just spamming people!
Alvaro Villalba Perez
I haven't been around for a while, but I expect more value added to builders coming soon... hope so at least