🚀 Exciting to see all the innovative solutions being shared here!

Artashes Baghdasaryan
7 replies
Curious to know, with the increasing prevalence of health issues caused by prolonged computer use, how do you address the challenges of maintaining good posture and well-being while working with digital screens? Share your thoughts on the importance of promoting a healthy work environment without mentioning specific solutions. Let's discuss how we can improve our well-being while using technology! #Productivity #Wellbeing #DigitalHealth

Replies

Rajalakshmi Maheshwaran
Hi @artashes_baghdasaryan, As Nancy Meyers say "Sitting is the new smoking". Posture is becoming a major concern for neck pain when we become old. As a fun project though, me and couple of my friends built a "Text-face angle detection and real time wearable display notifier" as a fun college project. We used 2 gyro sensors to find the exact angle range at which our head is titled and we would raise and alarm for the user once the threshold time hits. The idea of this project came when I saw my mom was having a weak neck muscle when she reached 40. You can check out some detail in my LinkedIn profile :) linkedin.com/in/thisis-raji
Artashes Baghdasaryan
@rajalakshmi_maheshwaran Thank you for your kind words! I'm glad to be of assistance and help promote a healthy world.
Joe
Great question! For me, I set a timer for every 30 minutes and I will get up and stretch or just get some water to move my body for a while
Nairi Baghdasaryan, PhD
@jc_mindverse Hi Joe. Are you always following the timers? Or mostly you skip them :)
Joe
@nairi_baghdasaryan I try to follow them as best as I can lol! I feel you when there's too much work we'll just skip the short break. But I discovered that it's really helpful for boosting productivity even if you just stand up and stretch for a few seconds and relax your eyes a little bit :)
Paola Greggio
I use ergonomic setup and automated adjustment of screen settings according to the day hour now. In the past I used apps to remind me to drink water, to take a break, to be a hard stopper for some apps...