Does it make sense to launch a podcast on Product Hunt?

Ayomi Samaraweera
16 replies

Replies

Colton McKnight
Besides supercharging your day, the desk is also a beautiful product. It's made more like a MacBook than a piece of furniture with a build quality unseen in the furniture industry. unblocked games
Kyle Tummonds
Well, it's not necessarily a product, but I've seen others launch their design services here. If your podcast will help this community, I wouldn't see it as a bad thing :)
Nadezhda Babushkina
Sure! I’d say launching a podcast requires some magic creating ads that will represent the podcast on the launch day. No one will take time trying to listen it on the launch day but one can grab attention so folks might return to listen.
If the podcast would be relevant to the topics discussed here (marketing products, development, etc..) I would be happy to listen to it.
Minha Nadeem
As a way to build your audience and establish a personal connection with them, I think Podcasts would do alot for you
Mehdi Rifai
If Product Hunt community is your audience then I think it's a really great idea :)
Doğukan Tezcan
It seems like having a podcast series that's tailored to a specific audience and purpose would be something that everyone here would really enjoy. What do you think?
Lillie Anne Vogt
Sure, why not! If it's relevant, I'd love to see new content forms!
Ales KOZELSKY
Yes, launching a podcast on Product Hunt can make sense as it is a platform that is known for showcasing innovative and unique products, including podcasts. Product Hunt is a popular community-driven website where makers and early adopters can discover, share, and discuss new products. It has a large and engaged audience, which can help to increase the visibility and reach of your podcast. Additionally, the platform allows for user feedback and engagement, which can be valuable in shaping the direction and content of your podcast. Overall, if your podcast offers something new and interesting to the Product Hunt community, it can be a great place to launch and promote it.
If your audience is here then why not ;)
Richard Gao
It certainly can't hurt. Though it's definitely something that's quite different from what usually gets launched here. I see people launch notion lists, so you should be good.
Ágh Helmut
Yes, I saw other podcasts launched on ProductHunt too. But of course, the podcast itself has to be interesting to this community!
Mike Nash
I was thinking same thing this morning but for IndieHackers - especially for pods focused on build-in-public, would be great to showcase these more on platforms like PH and IH. We got our listed on dev.to (https://dev.to/trelliswork), which is aligned with the right community too, but not the same level of discussion happening there.
Heleana Grace
Totally! I feel like if it's something that's relevant or helpful to the community, it's fair game. Personally, I'm always on the lookout for great podcasts to listen to while I work.
Magic Mike Paine
This is great insight. We started a podcast 8 months ago around marketing and motivation for small business owners and entrepreneurs. We have almost 150 videos and it's just now starting to get some momentum. Would appreciate any feedback if you don't mind taking a look at https://www.youtube.com/@marketi.... We're also streaming on spotify, iHeart Radio, Apple Podcast, etc (just search "MarketingBox Podcast"). Thanks in advance for taking a look.
Emily Matick
Audience is everything and honestly, if you're speaking to an audience of makers it might be a unique channel that speaks to your audience. If your ideal listener has never heard of the platform, then... maybe not.