Does anyone know how Instagram founders got the design/tech community to try IG while in beta?

Mihajlo Kovacevic
2 replies

Replies

Yemi Oyepeju
I have no idea but I manage an Instagram account of a design community of about 70k followers and I'm planning hosting live streams with PH makers on their launch day for more support, engagement and real-time UX audit of the product. You may follow me on LinkedIn or the IG account via my wizpage https://wiz.link/yemz to stay updated.
Jos Bish
While the specific details of how Instagram's founders convinced the design and tech community to try the platform during its beta phase might not be widely known, successful beta launches often involve a combination of factors. It's likely that Instagram's founders leveraged their networks within the industry, reached out to influential individuals, and created a sense of exclusivity and curiosity around the platform. Additionally, they may have focused on highlighting the unique features and value proposition of Instagram to attract early adopters. It's a fascinating aspect of the platform's history, demonstrating the importance of community building and strategic promotion in the early stages of a tech product.