Do you want to know which day is best for launching on Product Hunt?

Jonni Gani
29 replies
I painstakingly collected data from 2023 launches. Will perform analysis and answer this question once and for all, and share here. In the meantime, any other questions you want answered about Product Hunt? EDIT: I think my new post that I submitted an hour ago is quarantined. Here the result of the analysis (partial): https://www.producthunt.com/disc...

Replies

Victoria Koval
It seems that the competition is the lowest at the weekend but it's on the downside, you can't except big exposure of your product, too. So, it depends on the goal
Girish Gilda
Hey Jonni, looking forward to learn more from your analysis. All the best.
@girish_gilda Thank you. Do you have any other questions about PH you want answered?
Girish Gilda
@jgani Which products do you feel works the best on PH, B2B or B2C?
@girish_gilda This is an interesting one. Who knows maybe I'll analyse this one day and share the result with everyone here :) Thanks for the question!
Lord Brian Dean-Madanamootoo
Depends on what you launch, but Tuesdays are usually the best day. We are live on Product Hunt and your support would mean a lot.
Viola Schoell
Launching soon!
Looking forward to seeing your analysis! :)
@viola_s Thank you. I'm processing it now. Will publish here on PH when I have the result. Stay tuned!
Maria H
I'd like to know, looking forward to seeing your analysis!
Abdul Samad
I've heard Tuesdays are pretty good.!
@samad_from_feedbacksense Everyone says Tuesdays, but is that actually correct? :)
Anastasia Liamets
Please share 👀
Loane
can't wait to see it !
Soumil Rathi
The analysis should be pretty interesting. As I understand it so far, Mondays/Tuesdays are far more competitive and better if you think you can manage to gather 800+ upvotes. Otherwise, days with lower competition may be better to receive the extra boost from Top 5.
@soumilrathi Have you done a similar analysis before?
Soumil Rathi
@jgani Definitely not, so I'm looking forward to seeing what your analysis brings out. This is just from different opinions I've seen online.
Jos Bish
The optimal day for launching on Product Hunt is typically Tuesday. Tuesday launches tend to receive more visibility and engagement compared to other days of the week.
Samantha Den
That sounds like a valuable initiative! I don't have specific questions about Product Hunt at the moment, but I'm excited to hear about any information or analysis you provide. Dear, Feel free to share your findings when the analysis is complete!
@samantha_den I've only done half of it. But enough to share. Will make a post a few hours later. Please keep an eye!
Deniz Savkay
I guess the analysis results will not reveal a certain "best day" with high statistical significance. Let's wait and see!
@deniz_savkay The result it out (partially): https://www.producthunt.com/disc... And no, I don't have any statistical background. So there's no P value, statistical significance and all of that fancy stuff in my analysis :)
Sorry everyone it looks like my follow up post got blocked by PH's moderator. I'm really not sure why as the content is totally innocent. I don't know if anyone is going to see it here, but here's the partial result of my analysis: In 2023, Tuesday launches appeared the most in the top 5 Product of the Week. 13% behind that was Thursday. Next was Wednesday, with 14% fewer instances. HOWEVER! If we narrow it down to #1 Product of the Week, Wednesday was the winner. In other words, Wednesday launches were more likely to secure the top spot of Product of Week. Tuesday was slightly behind, followed by Monday. I have more analysis to do, but I'm not sure if I can share them here. I totally don't understand why the mods didn't link what I wrote.