Do you use Twitter (X) to promote your product?

Jonathan Tahiry
99 replies
I am trynna play the long game right now on Twitter (X), making sure to be seeing by my ICPs. Unfortunately, things are going quite slow. So if you have used Twitter (X) to launch you product, I’d love to see how you did it! Is it thru ads, communities, DMs, or anything else? Also, I’d love to meeting new people on X, so let me know in the comment if you wanna connect as well!

Replies

Nguyễn Minh Thức
Of cousre, I use X to show my digital art
Ruslan.D
What a coincidence.. I just decided to start blogging on X :-) https://twitter.com/Astrodiary_AIDA
Chirag
Definitely!!
Claire Oswald
I personally don't use X to promote my PMM work, but our CEO is very active on Twitter promoting our products as well as being a founder / entrepreneur. I think it can be super useful if you're multifaceted in how you approach it.
@claire_oswald What's your field? For me LinkedIn works better than Twitter
Claire Oswald
@alessio_mavica LinkedIn is utilized as well! Both seem to work pretty well in terms of driving engagement and leads to the company. We've received feedback from "how did you hear from us" and people have mentioned our CEO's posts on LinkedIn / Twitter.
I tried for a while, but Twitter is EXTREMELY slow compared to LinkedIn. My focus is on LinkedIn now (I'm launching a B2B SaaS). If you want to connect: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ales...
Nilesh Jethwa
My main problem is having multiple twitter handles. So I decided to just interact with the product handle. Lets connect https://twitter.com/CrawlSpider
Rahul Parihar
Yeah It's a great platform for promotion.
Jonathan Tahiry
@rahul_parihar3 Indeed! How it has been for you so far?
Nishkarsh Srivastava
Yes, just launched today and promoted it in a couple of communities. btw would love your support for our launch as well :) producthunt.com/posts/findr-5
Carter Michael
No! I can't even run ads on Twitter anymore weirdly enough. The account breaks a lot ad just runs into nothing but errors.
Jonathan Tahiry
@carter_michael Have you tried contacted the support team or they aren’t replying?
Jonathan Tahiry
@carter_michael Takes time, but I am convinced with that too! How it has been for you so far?
Carter Michael
@jonathantahiry They replied - one thing got fixed and it immediately broke again in just a different way.
Jonathan Tahiry
@carter_michael that’s a downer, so right now you are fully operating organically, right?
Carter Michael
@jonathantahiry No! Running ads on other platforms. Twitter we're now just not interested in. I think Twitter can be really good organically, ran ads on it in the past and it was really bad. Thought I would give it a god a year later to see if it's improved but sadly I couldn't. Could just be my experience though!
zuhaib ashfaq
I'm pretty new to twitter. But I'm planning to do so
Anh Ngo (Austin)
yes I do
Jonathan Tahiry
@ngohungtheanh How it’s been working for you so far?
Karl Morgan
Curious to know, have you considered running polls on Twitter (X)? It's a fantastic way to not only engage your audience but also gather valuable insights. Plus, it could be an icebreaker to introduce your product subtly.
Jonathan Tahiry
@karlmorgann Thought doing so, but quite skeptical on whether people would answer or not. I don’t have much followers yet. But do you think it could work?
Ronan Hardy
Dear, I use LinkedIn for promoting our product is a valid choice, especially if our target audience and industry align well with LinkedIn's professional network. Each platform has its strengths, and choosing the one that best suits our product and audience is key.
Jonathan Tahiry
@ronan_hardy How do you approach people and have them answering you?
Leo Lu
Of course, I'd also share about the journey of building the startup. Follow on X: https://twitter.com/realleolu
Jonathan Tahiry
@leolu well you just got a new follower! Looking forward to your follow as well and to connecting with you on X!
Sherry L
I'm still in the process of experimenting with what resonates with our audience on Twitter for us and rather than launching we are trying to build a community! We have paid for twitter influences to promote our product at times also.
Jonathan Tahiry
@shezzy04 I am trying to figure it out too! Twitter (X) can seem overwhelming as we start, so I’d love to hear how it’s turned out for you so far!
Sherry L
@jonathantahiry So far we have gotten to a point where the channel is organically growing on its own albeit very slowly. We did this by consistently reaching out to like-minded people on X and paying those with followers that have audiences similar to who we want to target. We have however since stopped spending in recent months as we are trying to now understand our audience again! Agree that it can be overwhelming but I believe that at the start, understanding what value you can provide and to whom is the hardest but most crucial step on X!
Jonathan Tahiry
@shezzy04 Wow, that’s an entire process you’ve got here! I don’t think I would go and pay for influencers yet, but thinking to go with ads to get seen by potential users at this point.
Irsa Doham
Yes, We use Twitter for promote our product.
Jonathan Tahiry
@irsa_doham How has been the result to far?