Do you use Google Search less now that you have ChatGPT?

Hiya Chaplot
18 replies
Hey there! I've been using ChatGPT for a while now, and I gotta say, I find myself using it more and more to look up stuff and get some quick facts. But, when it comes to real-time data, I still rely on Google. Have you noticed anything like this? Do you use ChatGPT more often now or are you still sticking with Google?

Replies

Yannick Burky
I hardly ever use it anymore. I took the opportunity to do a quick analysis of the competitors, and I use one of the 3 other tools that use wizards and quote their sources: The new Bing, You.com and Neeva.com (where I've switched to premium)
Hiya Chaplot
@yannick_burky I have heard good things about Neeva. What was your experience?
Yannick Burky
@hiya_chaplot1 It has become my default search engine. I get the same results as google in a slightly different order. They (try) to integrate personal results which I'm looking forward to. I recommend it (you can test it for a few days) :)
Hiya Chaplot
@yannick_burky Hey thanks for your input. This is the principle on which our product is built. Search + chat interface for personalised results!
Everest Ng
I still look at google for things that I do not have sufficient knowledge to determine right / wrong. Because using chatGPT requires me to fact-check via google anyway...
Everest Ng
@hiya_chaplot1 Yep, ChatGPT gives a basic outline or general ideas when brainstorming ideas. But I never use google to brainstorm maybe that's why my usage on google don't get chipped away by ChatGPT
Brianna Swartz
No. It has not changed my behavior related to finding out information or doing research at all.
Hiya Chaplot
@brianna_swartz what about when you need some ideas/ want to brainstorm?
Daniel Amir
I definitely do use Google less
Akshansh Jaiswal
Google search is still relevant for me in sense chatgpt has no internet connectivity so far latest and new info search i use Google for subjective and detailed knowledge chatgpt is a go to place.
Hiya Chaplot
@akshanshjaiswal What else do you use ChatGPT for? Do you also use it for ideas and brain storming? Like date ideas/cooking ideas etc?
Shachar Keidar
Definitely. I feel it can answer specific questions when on Google I'll still need to search myself
Synim
Personally using Google ChatGPT Plugin from Sogody, best of both worlds... Google brings more factual accuracy/less hallucinations, while ChatGPT has immaculate relevancy.
Pankaj
I still use Google, just not as frequently as before. It's hard to stop using Google entirely, especially when searching for books or products to buy. I don't think ChatGPT can help with those stuff.