Do you use AI to help you read information?

Cox Zhang
30 replies
There are many products to summarize long content (e.g. web pages, PDFs, YouTube videos). Do you use any of them to help you read and summarize to save time? What killer feature do you think you will pay for it?

Replies

Hanna Barzakouskaya
Yes, sometimes when there is a vast amount of reading material and limited time.
Chris Rickard
Not so much, but I did find this website that shows all Hacker News articles with an AI summarization of their content underneath.. as an avid HN reader I have been using it a bit https://hackyournews.com
Relja Denic
Well no, but know that you mention it, I couls try something like that. 1. Summarize the points 2. Get links/directions to the part of the document where i can check the summarized part so if I want to read the full version of that
Salar Davari
Not at all! I believe I should read to fully comprehend something. Listening won't help. I sometimes use AI to generate digests
Anjanay Saxena
Quite a bit. I love synthesising different view points with that of my own to create some super unique and interesting theories. Being a musician, I think AI is very akin to sampling. It lets you be inspired by various existing literature (music), and create something super new. Grateful to be alive in a time like this.
Aarav Krishna
I would like t know which tool I can use to do that?
Aarav Krishna
@cox Sure, I will. I never knew I could do that. That's interesting to know. Thank you for suggesting btw
Chris Lindner
No, it's quite strange to delegate the task of reading to AI. It might create a disconnect at the very first stage of information absorption & understanding. If humans don't have time to read, perhaps a change in lifestyle should be considered instead.
Cox Zhang
@cld I think it's more like we need to use our limited time to read high-quality information in the background of information overload these days. Maybe AI can help with "pre-reading" and filtering out high-quality pieces of info.
Chris Lindner
@cox I do agree your opinion! But I still have a question, because I believe people have to judge the "high-quality" by themselves. If we use AI to do the "pre-reading", how can we let the AI know what is "high-quality" to a person?
Cox Zhang
@cld That's a good point. If we ever use AI, we somewhat need to trust them right? :) Prob pre-reading before we can dive deep into any piece we're interested in.
Jake Harrison
YEs, I think it is very useful way to get the information directly! I always use ChatGPT for summary and give me specific information.
Lisa Stanley
Be patient. It takes time to build momentum on Product Hunt. Don't get discouraged if your product doesn't get a lot of upvotes right away.
Serge Neskoromny
I occasionally use ChatGPT to summarize text by simply copying and pasting, but it doesn't work for lengthy documents. I'd be willing to pay for a service that can summarize PDFs, whether they're local or accessed via a link. However, I wouldn't subscribe to such a service since I only need it from time to time. I'd prefer to pay a dollar per document.
Serge Neskoromny
By the way, check out my launch today. I'm introducing an app that helps with writing, not reading, on mobile devices! :)
Victoria Roy
Make it easy to upvote. Your product should be easy to upvote on Product Hunt
Jad Sanaknaki
I would use it to summarise long text or to convert it to a workflow.
Kevin Van Haesendonck
With our platform, you can study anything very fast! A follow would be appreciated
Prem Saini
Delegating the act of reading to AI looks to be quite unusual. It has the ability to cause a disconnect during the first stages of information comprehension. If people find themselves with insufficient time for reading, they should reconsider their lifestyle choices.
Jacky
Let me recommend our newly released product: https://docuspeed.ai. It can use the most suitable summarization method for different types of PDF documents, and it strives to ensure the completeness of the content without truncation. We also very much hope to receive everyone’s feedback. :)