Do you think there is still a need for translation tools?

Jeffery Kaneda
30 replies

Replies

watanabe ryuichi
Reading information and getting out and about is still very much needed!
charles shiro
It's still important to watch the video!
Neha
yes, it's important to watch the videos to accurately interpret context, specialized content, real-time communication, and handling sensitive information.
Yes indeed. Speech-to-text is not perfect in every language.
Nitesh Kumar
Getting meaningful information from translation is still a challenge for many languages.
Sophia Clark
Definitely, man. Look at products like Google Translate, they're getting traction because language barriers ain't disappearing anytime soon. This doesn't mean it's an easy market, but there's room for innovation. The client's product could edge out if it addresses the nuances better or adds value in a way big names haven't yet. But don't take it lightly, it's a fierce competition.
Yes it is
Emilia Vicini
I used to work in a localization company, and I'm torn about this subject. I believe that companies who want to expand their business need to have a translation team to work on translations and ensure that the message, especially marketing-related content, is conveyed in the most culturally accurate way possible. It's worth noting that we didn't rely on machine translation for our clients' content. However, for one-to-one communications or individual usage, such as traveling, translation tools are a must!
Jeffery Kaneda
@emilia_vicini This is a very time-consuming process because of the localised language processing. The product I'm releasing tomorrow does a lot of processing on this. I am very thoughtful about what you have shared.
LingLingFa.Gavin
Since the day software was invented, people have never stopped striving to develop better translation software.
Heleana Grace
Absolutely. There are only so many languages you can be fluent in and even then you might mix them up or forget things occasionally.
André J
Launching soon!
Nope. this will be built into operating systems ASAP
Teresa Brown
as we continue to evolve in this global society with countless languages and dialects, translation tools not only facilitate better communication, but also promote understanding, respect, and a shared sense of human connection - they are just as essential as ever!
Jeffery Kaneda
@tbrownie3 It is very much agreed that communication is always present, no matter what. The problem of the language gap is one that exists, and translation machines, are the tools to break this gap.
LingLingFa.Gavin
Did you encounter a problem when you first went abroad, where you felt your spoken language was quite good and you could talk endlessly about familiar topics with a decent vocabulary? However, when it came to describing some of the most trivial and common phenomena in daily life, you didn't know how to express them. For example, wearing clothes inside out or backward, getting a pebble in your shoe that makes your foot uncomfortable, not being able to clean yourself properly after using the restroom, etc. How did you eventually overcome this issue?
LingLingFa.Gavin
We strive to create various AI tools that harness the true capabilities of GPT, so that everyone can avoid the tiresome game of trying to come up with tricky questions to ask ChatGPT and then judge its intelligence based on the answers. This kind of play is boring. We use the power of ChatGPT to help users with content summarization, search summaries, real-time translation, and more. Users don't even need to know what's happening behind the scenes, but it effectively solves practical problems in their daily work and life.