Do you think some brands would’ve been better if their designs had been different?

Merve Tarayıcı
18 replies
Hello everyone! What do you think about it? Do you believe a design brand can change a brand’s marketing and sales metrics?

Replies

Netanel Benami
Definitely. The look and feel is the most of the experience in every product - especially digital products
Sandra Robinson
a fresh and intuitive design can often revitalize a brand, making it more appealing and user-friendly to consumers, thereby potentially driving its success!
Victor Adams
Take "Yahoo" for example, its cluttered interface has often been criticized, and a sleek, minimalistic design could possibly have made the platform more appealing to the modern audience.
Adam Cooper
consider "Craigslist", its website design hasn't changed significantly since it was founded in the '90s; while its simplicity is part of its charm, a touch of modern design elements could possibly enhance user engagement and trust.
Sean Rogers
A design overhaul keeping current trends and audience preferences in mind could have given them a significant boost.
Amanda Johnson
Absolutely, design is a huge factor in a brand's perception. Some startups have stumbled out the gate due to lackluster design. Take Airbnb for example - their initial site design was not great, but after a redesign, it really took off. Design matters.
Totally! Often Design also tells people about what and how to use the product. If it is not clear, less people will buy into it
Axel Wikner
I think the brand makes the design as much as the design makes the brand honestly. Take Supreme for example.
Lacey Winter
abso-toot-ley it can! Personally, I can use pet photography as an example. During covid I helped a LA cat rescue get their cats adopted, they had branding and they had photos but it wasn't drawing any attention. I took new photos for them that were bright and vibrant, fit for social and used a new tone of voice to help push the branding they had already (it was all school themed so imagine all the cute school puns I got to make about kittens being late for Felinology). The new push got more cats adopted and all it took was changing the visual branding.
Wendy Olson
Consider Airbnb as an example. Initially, their website design was subpar, but following a comprehensive redesign, its popularity surged significantly.
Dale Castro
Consider Airbnb as an illustration. Their initial website design left much to be desired, but following a substantial redesign, the platform's popularity skyrocketed. This highlights the significant impact of good design.
Catherine Griffin
Consider Airbnb's trajectory - the initial design of their website was not particularly impressive, yet following a significant redesign, their popularity skyrocketed, underscoring the importance of design.
Louis Collins
The power of visual aesthetics should never be underestimated, and a brand with a visually appealing design can instantly catch people's attention and leave a positive impact.
Jerry Rodriguez
Design plays a crucial role in establishing a brand's identity, and a well-thought-out and unique design can help differentiate a brand from its competitors, making it stand out in the market.
Roy Thomas
User experience is a vital aspect of brand perception, and a carefully crafted design can significantly improve usability, making it easier and more enjoyable for customers to interact with the brand.
Gregory Long
Effective design has the potential to evoke emotions and create a connection with the audience, ultimately building brand loyalty and fostering long-term relationships.
yeas, definitely. what catches the eye is always going to make you stay and explore more.
Igor Lysenko
First of all, when a user enters the site, he looks at the design of the site itself, and in 90% of cases it is the design that decides