Do you think no-code platforms are filling the developer gap?

Satheesh Kumar.S
10 replies
With more and more businesses moving online, the demand for developers is higher than ever. But with the lack of available talent, how are businesses filling the developer gap?🤔 Are no-code platforms helping to fill the developer gap?

Replies

Ahmet Umut Günbak
I think it is, for example many startups build their websites with no-code platforms instead of hiring a developer these days
Satheesh Kumar.S
@umutgunbak That's right. Besides simple websites, the SaaSiest no-code platform also helps you develop SaaS applications, web applications, internal tools, etc. When it comes to complex projects, SaaS no-code platforms are more efficient
Reshma S
I think they actually make the developer more valuable
Fabian Maume
To some extent. Some applications required tailoring with coding. So I think that hybrid platforms like Jetveo Platform and App Builder have a lot of potentials.
Satheesh Kumar.S
@fabian_maume Thank you for letting us know about this hybrid platform. Let us wait for more replies with more information about this hybrid platform.
Nancy Nishi
It's easier to find the closest possible tool that solves 80% of the problem
Richard Gao
I don't think they are and I don't think they ever will. Much like how AI art won't overtake artists, the no code platforms will not overtake developers. What will happen is that it will make building apps or projects for non-developers much more accessible, and it will make life easier for developers, who now don't have to do extensive coding for simpler tasks. Overall, it's a win-win for everyone.
Andrew Dodds
Well its filling the gap in terms of democratization of software creation. Approximately 1% of the world has the ability to write code. Its estimated that 30% of the world has the ability to use a spreadsheet. So with that logic if you look at something like Airtable for building an underlying database, you have effective 30x the amount of potential database developers on the planet. With that said there are limitations, and as others have stated no code tools can complement traditional development, because they abstract and use code logic, so the better you understand that the more effective you can build in no code.