Do you think live streaming is the new future of E-Commerce?

Arjun Kava
8 replies
I have been following the E-Commerce industry for a long time and one of the fundamental problems of E-commerce is user engagement and conversation ratio. To resolve this problem, E-Commerces from china came up with live shopping where users can see a live demo of products and it has been a huge success. After the huge success of Live E-Commerce in China, the World is embracing live shopping. It is helping lots of startups to increase the conversation and engagement ratio. Last year, Louis Vuitton and Nike conducted their first live shopping broadcasts. According to Louis Vuitton, more than 15,000 viewed their debut live streaming, and the session created a 10% increase for them. As for Nike, it is reported that more than 2.78 million people watched the “Nike Air Max Day” live broadcast. Know more about, Future of E-Commerce from the following link: Live streaming is the new future of E-Commerce

Replies

Vovwe Enyoyi
I think it is getting there, with the rise of ecommerce and social platforms taking over online commerce. For example, we launched Simplelive 3 months ago and we already have 2 enterprise customers providing live shopping to their merchants in Nigeria, powered by Simplelive. You might just be the one to tip the scale
Arjun Kava
@vovweee Cool. Good to hear. What is your view solving for engagement of live commerce shows and events specifically for enterprise?
Alexander Moen
I think it makes sense if you can get enough eyeballs on it. QVC and Home Shopping Network did really well in the US before the Internet for similar reasons. I'd done similar in-person stuff for selling products before too. So, if I could get the benefit of selling in-person but not be bounded by geography, seems like a win:win. I think it'll take a lot of work for small businesses to get enough people actively wanting to watch at the same time that the business has someone available to talk about it, but that's relatively minor.
Arjun Kava
@alexander_moen Fair point, Is there any experience of yours where you trusted product from other geography?
Alexander Moen
@arjun_kava1 of course. Really, most ecommerce transactions I have no idea where it is coming from. I just meant in terms of in-person vs virtual.
Surender Singh
Hey Arjun, Found this today - https://www.mckinsey.com/busines... E-commerce is definitely going to be live and online in the future.
Lalit Nagrani
Hi guys, how’s the feedback been till now? For live streaming shopping