Do you think cryptocurrencies will become the primary form of currency in the future?

Luke Watson
20 replies

Replies

Not sure it will be cryptocurrencies but maybe there will one unified currency for many countries.
In my opinion, it will depend from country-to-country. Yes- in countries which are facing hyper-infaltion No- in all the developing and developed nations as most likely they will launch their on CDBCs.
Mila Dymnikova
I think blockchain technology is going to totally dominate payment software/technology for online payments. At least for payments like shopping, crypto has huge savings and efficiency over current visa/Mastercard/stripe methods
Tomáš Blaťák
Maybe yes, take a look at the latest news about BRICS Alliance that considering build cryptocurrency on a golden standard.
we have already started dealing in this.
Axel Wikner
If primary does not mean exclusive, then it very well might be. I think we are too used to having a go-to standardised mediums of exchange to be able to grasp the effect cryptocurrencies will have. A democratised payment system that is simultaneously the fuel for technology and applications that we will rely on, is a highly intriguing concept. While CBDC:s is an interesting concept, is does not democratize anything, but rather the opposite. It gives rise to severe concerns regarding privacy, surveillance, and security. I would dread having a CBDC ending up in the wrong hands. Technologies characterised by democratization, are not easily caged and controlled. See Chinas futile attempts at restricting the Internet. I think cryptocurrencies stand a better chance of mass adoption than CBDC:s.
I feel like a cryptocurrency backed by the government will become a primary form because it has 2 advantages: 1. Backed by more reputation and money 2. Easier to regulate Though personally I'm not a fan of them
Frank Nguyen | Afforai
If it become fully decentralized and being well regulated. Rn it seems like builder are still trying to figure out what’s working. The triangle dilemma ( decentralized, security and scalability) then the best suited trust model as well.
Nick Anisimov
Absolutely no. But cryptocurrencies will become a familiar part of our lives.
Sunil Ayar
Cryptocurrencies have undoubtedly gained traction and attracted significant attention, but their future as the primary form of currency is uncertain. While they offer benefits like decentralized transactions and lower fees, their volatility and limited acceptance pose challenges. Additionally, governments and central banks play a crucial role in managing economies through monetary policies, which cryptocurrencies currently lack.
Shajedul Karim
hey there bro, cryptocurrencies? absolutely fascinating. but will they replace traditional currency? the future's fuzzy. we're looking at potential disruption, sure. yet, challenges are real. scalability, energy consumption, regulatory ambiguities - need to be addressed. maybe we're heading towards a hybrid future, where crypto coexists with fiat. each with their strengths, each serving unique needs. here's what matters - the future of currency, whatever form it takes, should be inclusive, secure, efficient. as always, keep learning, stay curious. cheers, Karim.
Mehrdad Khanzadeh
I would say none, at least not in this form. Other than mainstream adoption, the biggest reason for it not to happen is the same as why we don't have a global currency union. It might work regionally (like Euro), but the nature of cryptocurrency prevents governments from controlling the money, which contradicts the current structure of society.
Amir Zarandi
Regulatory frameworks and concerns about stability and volatility are factors that need to be addressed for cryptocurrencies to become more widely accepted and integrated into everyday transactions. At Afforai, while we recognize the potential of cryptocurrencies, our focus lies in utilizing AI to address complex data challenges. Our AI chatbots and data cleaning solutions are specifically designed to assist businesses in extracting valuable insights from unstructured data, regardless of the currency involved. By leveraging AI technology, we aim to empower businesses to make data-driven decisions and optimize their operations.
Martin Scorseze
I don't think this technology has future
Migu Rico
🌐🪙 The future of currency is evolving, and cryptocurrencies are leading the way. Will they become the primary form of exchange? 🤔 With advancements like Swaps App, the transition seems natural. 🚀 Discover a user-friendly gateway to the crypto world at your fingertips: instant buys, unbeatable rates, and transactions as secure as a vault with 3-DS V2 verification. 💳💼 Swaps, verified by Visa and Mastercard ID check, boasts a world-class anti-fraud system. Explore 13 available and 18 on-demand blockchains effortlessly. Embrace the future today with Swaps: https://www.swaps.app/ 🌌🔒💱