Do you prefer using PH on your mobile or desktop?

Shaimaa Salama
29 replies
I generally use it on mobile πŸ“³, but I lean towards a desktop πŸ’» for enhanced visibility. It enables me to freely search the internet for newly added products, giving me a better opportunity to try, assess, and vote.

Replies

Ahmed Khairy
They have a delightful mobile experience. Love all the notifications and engagement. But I gotta say I prefer desktop for better community engagement.
Shaimaa Salama
@ahmedkhairy Have you attempted to evaluate products on mobile? If so, could you share your experience?
Philipp Jackson
Desktop only, to take rest from working on startup ✌️
Mike Fitzbaxter
I use both, mobile is great for browsing new releases, but desktop is definitely better for community engagement... the browsing on the mobile app of discussions is sub-optimal.
Shaimaa Salama
@mike_fitzbaxter Absolutely Mobile's awesome for quick peeks, but assessing intricate releases like SaaS tools is a challenge. How do you currently navigate these constraints and evaluate products effectively on mobile?
Nevena Sofranic
Desktop, mobile needs a lot of work.
Shaimaa Salama
@nevena_sofranic Yeah it's clear there is room for improvement, What's the top feature or aspect you wish to see updated on the mobile version to enhance your PH experience?
Carol Moh
I prefer desktop for actually spending real time on PH as I can then bounce over to a product's website and check it out much more comfortably! However, for just checking in on the discussion board and general community chat I don't mind being on the app.
Shaimaa Salama
@carolmoh Completely resonates with your approach! It's all about leveraging the strengths of each platform. What potential additions to the mobile version could be game-changers, making you consider relying on it exclusively instead of the desktop?
Sherry L
Desktop! Surprised at all the desktop users actually :)
Shaimaa Salama
@shezzy04 Surprising, right? Desktops seem to have their loyal following. What is it about the desktop experience that you find more appealing or efficient compared to mobile for Product Hunt?
Fabian Maume
I do prefer desjtop. I don't like how the notification are displayed in the app.
Shaimaa Salama
@fabian_maume Yeah, the experience does vary quite a bit. Does that mean you don't use the app at all?
Fabian Maume
@shaimaa_sa93 I'm not using the app. If I need to check Product hunt while away of the computer, I'm checking it in web-browser.
Nastassia
Mainly desktop, so I can thoroughly look through product presentations and discussions. But I use an app when I am on the go and I want to check the daily product list
Shaimaa Salama
@nastassia_k Great approach! While using the app, Are you able to evaluate the products to be able to vote?
Artyom Sviridov
I use both, in my opinion PH is equally convenient for mobile and desktop.
Shaimaa Salama
@sviridov Thank you for sharing your perspective! Could you share your experience with evaluating products using the app? There have been mentions in the discussion about it being challenging to assess products from the appβ€”what are your thoughts on this?
Niko Germish
Definitely app 🀝
Shaimaa Salama
@nikogermish interesting! Do u try the apps that you vote for on the mobile!?
Niko Germish
@shaimaa_sa93 I bookmark products that catch my interest and set aside time to try them out on my desktop over the weekend
Max
Desktop + Mobile