Do you prefer to work in DARK or LIGHT mode?

ID Blazevic
13 replies
I'm designing a new version of our platform which is going to have both dark and light mode, same as our apps. I put a lot of effort into both designs but now I am wondering which one will be preferred by our users.

Replies

Rich Watson
dark every time. can't see on light and hurts the eyes
Nico Spijker
Dark mode should be the default šŸŒš
Yara Matiash
I am on the light side :)
ID Blazevic
Iā€™m leaning toward the dark side myself while working in an app or a program but still love browsing and reading in light mode.
flo merian
@dora_blazevic Hi Dora, great topic! I'm on the dark side for sure. In this discussion, I listed apps/websites that support dark mode and inspire me the most ā€” What are yours? And for what it's worth, I started listing helpful resources on dark mode in this discussion. Would love your contribution!
ID Blazevic
@fmerian wow thank you for this. I just glanced at both of these discussions and can already tell I can learn a lot, very helful, very insightful. Will give tjem a proper attention asap.
Chirayu
Love DARK mode every time. Money Account's mission is to save people money and help people navigate the complicated world of consumer finance. Visit web https://moneyaccounts.com
Software Guy (Aarvy)
Waiting for the new version of your platform, good luck with it.šŸ‘
Vickie Richard
Both light and dark modes have their advantages and disadvantages. Personally, I prefer to use light mode because it is easier on my eyes and I find it more comfortable to work in. However, dark mode can be useful for tasks that require less visual stimulation, such as reading or writing code. Ultimately, the decision of which mode to use depends on your own preferences and needs
Cam Tu Nguyen
straight after my laser surgery - dark mode is a life saver