Do you prefer apps/software or the traditional pen & paper or sticky notes for your to-do list?

Aaron
44 replies

Replies

Gilles Hoarau
Hello there. I use both for personal and pro. * Sticky notes for quick thoughts especially when offline. * Apple's built-in to-do list is convenient, especially with speakers. * Jetbrains Space for projects both personal and pro: I keep details in separate documents. * Github for tracking bugs. * Occasionally, I make an email draft to prioritize the tasks for the rest of the day.
Gilles Hoarau
@aaronnotion Not if I maintain a reasonable list of todos. My todos workflow is quite simple: sticky notes to write ideas anytime => apple single todolist for IRL todos OR Jetbrains space to organize todos related to work and internet => draft of email to sort tasks to be done today
Aaron
@gilles_hoarau1 Doesn't it get complicated over time?
Aaron
I use kind of both. For day to day to-do list, I put it on a sticky note. But for larger projects and goals I use Notion. I also use a simple app for time blocking on my phone.
Paolo Go
My own to-do lists are all on my iPhone. For projects, I mainly use Trello.
Aaron
@access24 I want to use Trello for customer management but is it hard to learn?
Paolo Go
@aaronnotion it’s not too hard to learn it. It has a little learning curve, and I find it easy and friendly. In the past I used Jira, but for some small projects it’s an overkill
Maria Anosova πŸ”₯
I like paper and pen/pencil better, but use both.
Aaron
@maria_anosova Yes. Nothing beats the satisfaction of crossing off the tasks on a to-do list with a pen.
Anastasia Liamets
I'm kinda crazy lover of handwriting, but to never lose my notes I'm using iPad apps – so I guess it's a mix of both haha
Aaron
@anliamets I guess everyone now uses both. But writing with hand will always have its place no matter how modern we get.
jonny vince
I prefer sticky notes
Yannick
I mainly use Asana.
Aaron
@mho22 Is it hard to learn?
Yannick
@aaronnotion Nope, it is really easy to use.
Swayam
Traditional pen and paper alway seem to be a comfortable choice
Aaron
@swayammi7 Couldn't agree more.
Oxana
It probably little bit strange form person in IT, but really mostly use pen & paper for day-to-day tasks. I tried to use some to-do list, but it's more comfortable with the pen 😁 But for project management use Jira and other tools πŸ˜ƒ
ISTIAK AHMAD
Hey Aaron, still pen and paper, i feel i lack behind, Planning to switch to digital mode πŸ˜…
Aaron
@istiakahmad Not actually. Whatever works best we should use it.
Sadath N
Depends on each individual's lifestyle and interests. For me, paper and pen are the most useful ones.
Vincent Xu
Launching soon!
I use both, but the biggest problem with digital note-taking products is that the software is too complicated and difficult to use. I just want a blank sheet of paper and a pen.
Aaron
@cen_xu You can try using simple minimalistic apps.
Sue Kim
Both, and fail to manage both..
Aaron
@suekim827 Haha. I used to fail too. But when I started prioritizing the work, it got better.
Sue Kim
@aaronnotion Thanks for the tip..! also your comment sounds like a great idea haha
Violetta Chernobuk
Both. We do plan work on Planyway with the app for the whole team and have the roadmap there. But then I like to have a daily/weekly plan of goals just in my notebook.
Daniel Burns
I usually use both. Jira for overall goals and tracking projects and pen & paper for my personal to-do list (It's easier to get creative on paper as well and come up with new ideas)
Aaron
@dan_burns Thanks for sharing.
Aaron
@emmanuelnwosu It has its benefits for sure.
Dmitry Chulkov
Sometimess I use sticky notes to write down something, but I try to keep all my stuff at Apple Notes and Workflowly https://www.producthunt.com/prod...
Peter Tovanov
Apps ofc))) Jesus Christ, who used paper and pan, ancient people?))
Nastassia
@peterblack I still do :D I adore paper planner to schedule weekly tasks, although I use Tick-Tick app to make to-do lists to stock all tasks in one place
Aaron
@peterblack Modern people too. Classic methods have their value.