Do you listen to music while working?

Mahsima Dastan
252 replies
I'm usually listening to Eric Clapton while I'm working. do you listen to music? what are you listening to?

Replies

Jeff Fajans
When I'm working and needing to focus, I typically listen to Housewerk on Spotify https://open.spotify.com/playlis... Or some sort of binaural brainwave alpha/theta type of thing if I am going for a more chill, relaxed focus
Dariush Abbasi
Launching soon!
Yes, I mostly listen to long lo-fi music playlists
@dariubs ha, my girlfriend listens to the same lo-fi music all the time.
@mahsimadastan do you mix it up or play the same playlist over and over?
Konrad S.
Only very rarely when the work doesn't require high concentration.
Mahsima Dastan
@konrad_sx what do you listen in that times?
Maria Anosova 🔥
Yes, music creates the right mood and mindset
Khagani Bayramov
No, it totally distracts me.
ISTIAK AHMAD
@xaqan wow Khagani, fair enough! Different strokes for different folks, right? More power to your focused work style. What's your secret for staying in the zone?
Khagani Bayramov
@istiakahmad you spot on, my friend. I consider that this is related to the working mechanism of our brain. Normally, you can't pay equal attention to various activities at the same time. In order to get the maximum result from the work I do, I need to direct my whole attention to it. Therefore, I prefer to do my work in quiet environments.
ISTIAK AHMAD
@xaqan Absolutely, Khagani! Your insight into the working mechanism of the brain is on point. Focused attention is the key to maximum results. Respect for recognizing the power of a quiet environment. Here's to your productivity in the zone! 🚀🤐
Mahsima Dastan
@xaqan do you work in a completely silent place?
George Aleesu
Sometimes, but mostly prefer working without it though. I like it quite while working.
ISTIAK AHMAD
@rhexai Got it! A preference for the serene work atmosphere, I respect that. Silence is golden sometimes. What's your ultimate quiet workspace hack?
Mahsima Dastan
@rhexai What about your coworkers talking to each other?
Radomir Djokovic
Yes. The right playlist can really set the mood and make the workday more enjoyable.
Mahsima Dastan
@radomir_djokovic so share your favorite playlist link :)
Anish Sharma
I do listen to music while working, it provides peaceful environment and relax my mind....
Aiden Hamilton
Yeas some time when my boss said that you are doing best your work I proud of you so then Ilisten to music while working
ISTIAK AHMAD
@aiden_hamilton That's the best kind of motivation! When the boss gives the nod, it's time to cue the music and keep the productivity vibes flowing. What's your go-to celebratory work anthem?
Carleigh Griff
Yes, it helps me focus and be more productive. 😍
Freddie Wood
Yeah I listen but some time.
Asif Chowdhury
yes. i am usuallylisteningt music
AmazingSylvia
It depends, if I need to do some creative work then I will not listen anything. However, if I need to do some dirty works. I sure will listening to some musics
ISTIAK AHMAD
@sylvia_sheng Totally get that! Creative flow in silence and some musical backup for the gritty tasks—it's like having a soundtrack for every work vibe. What's your top pick for getting down to the nitty-gritty?
AmazingSylvia
@istiakahmad I love coldplay when I do some dirty work lol. You?Any recommendations?
ISTIAK AHMAD
@sylvia_sheng Absolutely feel you on the Coldplay vibes! 🎶 For some dirty work motivation, I'd recommend throwing in a mix of Muse, Arctic Monkeys, and maybe a dash of Foo Fighters. Let the rock anthems fuel the grind! 🤘💪
Almas Khan
Sometimes, it depends on the task and my mood.
Sebastian Kessler
Depends on what I am working on, when doing coding work which I just need to type down I really enjoy listening to Lofi Hip-hop and other music. When I face a problem I need to focus and concentrate I pause my music as it gets distracting.
ISTIAK AHMAD
@setianke Love the versatility in your music game! Lofi Hip-hop for the coding flow and that silent pause when tackling the brain-bending stuff. It's like you've got a playlist for every coding mood. Any standout tracks that always make it to your coding sessions?
ISTIAK AHMAD
@setianke Playlist extravaganza! 🎉 Checked out the vibes, and they're pure gold! Thanks for the musical journey, even if it's just the tip of the iceberg. No trouble at all—always up for discovering new tunes! 🎶✨
Mahsima Dastan
@setianke What about your coworkers talking to each other?
Sofia Gertzen
Sure do for most tasks, unless it is talking to customers. :-) Deep House, or something else non intrusive. Sometimes one song in a loop, time really flies then!
ISTIAK AHMAD
@pixelpirat Absolutely! Deep House for the win in the productivity game. One song in a loop, creating that time-warp effect—now, that's a power move! Do you have a favorite go-to track that becomes the anthem for your focused work sessions?
Sofia Gertzen
@istiakahmad Changes week by week, Atzepeng by Paul Kalkbrenner is an old time classic for me. An entire go-to album would be Tumult by Meute for me as a brass band covering deep house tracks is just epic :-) Whats your go-to track?