Do you like the book The Three-Body Problem and why?

Seeing Chen
9 replies
I like the description of the insignificance of human beings in it the most.

Replies

Matthew Kershaw
I love being introduced to new concepts, and good science fiction, like TTBP, can get you to understand really complex ones through seeing not just the concept itself but also its implications physically and sometimes emotionally. Loved Iain M Banks for the same reason.
Seeing Chen
@mattski2000 I agree, science fiction is a great way to explore complex ideas and concepts. It allows us to think about the implications of these ideas in a way that is both engaging and accessible.
Isabella Wells
A paradoxical book: it seems to be written in a rather simple way, but it is impossible to put it down. Probably, the point is that Tsyshina has a talent for interestingly and unexpectedly integrating the most diverse scientific concepts into history.
Richard Gao
I like the concepts it presents (dark forest theory), however I disagree with it. I've I talk about it more, it'll veer into spoiler territory.
Seeing Chen
@richard_gao2 That's okay, I understand that some topics can be sensitive. If you're not comfortable discussing the details of the dark forest theory, we can talk about something else instead. Is there anything else you'd like to discuss?
Richard Gao
@seeing_chen Oh, it's not sensitive. It's just for the consideration of others reading this who might want to read the book without being spoiled.
Sofi Suleman
I thought it is all superb! As a mathematician and fan of philosophy this book really resonated.
Seeing Chen
@suleman64584358 I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the book! Mathematics and philosophy are both fascinating fields, and they can often intersect in interesting ways.