Do you do sports? Are there any lessons sports taught you?

Fares
111 replies
And if possible, what impact does this have on your private life? And especially on your professional life?

Replies

Tommy Bloom🌴
Sports taught me how to analyze losses and find the motivation to try again. Also, and just as important - the power of teamwork.
Harish Kumar
I do badminton...was out of touch recently...Grit and determination are two things I learned and it helps me with my startup journey too.
Camille Adamczyk
Of course I do, twice a week at least! I think sports taught me how to be patient and that everything comes in time when you train on a regular basis :)
Cristina Imre
Sports are literally a lifesaver, and all kids should start early in life. The chosen sports need to match character though. In my case, it taught me resilience and discipline, precious for everything that came next.
Fares
@cristinaimre Cheer ! That's a great explanation and I totally agree with you.
Alex Zadorozhin
Chess taught the ability to concentrate and discard everything superfluous while solving problems. Basketball for me is a good opportunity to get away from everyday affairs.
Fares
@alex_zadorozhin Basketball is my favorite sport practice, but I like it so much that I live it as a game, a fun (unlike other sports I practice) it relaxes me so much
Marina Đurić
I'm a big sports junkie, so I trained around 10 different sports. My favorite would be rowing. It taught me that success takes time, patience, and practice. It showed me how unfair life and opportunities could be and how to handle such situations. Above all, it taught me to compete with myself only and stand up for myself and leave toxic environments if it drowns my energy.
Fares
@marina_djuric It's wonderful what you say. it is really the contribution of a sporting practice
Abhinav Verma
Eh ! I wish I continued with sports. One thing I have learned watching sports a lot is this ability to endure and keep plugging away !
Malik Awais Iltaf
I love playing cricket, and it helps me be physically fit.
Nikita
Good way to use free time, I feel badminton definitely helps with the shoulder pain caused by professional life🤣
Pramit Marattha
Yeap! I enjoy playing table tennis, welp! It's not a strenuous sport, but it keeps me sane. 😁
Fares
@pramit_marattha It's It's very physical, I love playing it even if I suck at it ! Bravo
Ram
I love playing outdoor, I play football, table tennis, archery and I follow a lot of other ones too. You can learn a lot of life skills, especially if you are practicing a team sport. I would have very less qualities if I had not practiced sport.
Luis Hernandez Peña
I practice running, cycling and calisthenics since I was 11. In augoust I will turn 50 and I'm still weight the same as when I was 20. And feel exactly the same! Exercice is as important as eating or sleeping to keep yourself healthy, strong and happy :)
Fares
@luishp I take my hat off to you! Bravo for this self-discipline and this insight, I admire the longevity of your practice of sport
Luis Hernandez Peña
@fares_aktouf Thank you! To tell the truth, once you get into the habit, discipline isn't that important. Take care!
Fares
@luishp Thank you for sharing your experience ! personally it motivates me and I hope it will motivate other people
Bernadette Cau
I am an avid fan of horse-riding. If it learned me one thing, that would be empathy.
Dylan Merideth
soccer taught me that effort and strategic thinking and preparation can win against superior talent basketball taught me to play to my strengths snowboarding and skateboarding taught me purely to just stick with things, there is a lot of reward on the other side of struggling to learn something difficult for you
Launching soon!
@dylan_merideth Wow, you have clearly defined which sports you teach. Many people can collectively identify what sports taught them, but it is remarkable to determine what each sport taught them.
Dylan Merideth
@qudsia_ali thank you! Yeah I am not a gifted athlete by any means and I think thats precisely why it was such a good teacher overall! You play long enough and you see very small strengths start to arise in each sport, and those strengths ended up being things I carry with me still. Lots of humility involved in not being a gifted athlete, knowing and maximizing roles ends up being put deeply into practice.
Raphael S.
Discipline, and taking breaks. Listening to your body is the most important life lesson you could probably learn. Overworking yourself almost always leads to an unexpected result. Take breaks and work when you are at you're best!
Denis Pimenov
I do various physical exercises in the morning. This allows me to keep my muscles in good shape and gives me a charge of vivacity and confidence))
Inam from Outgrow
Yes, keep pushing your limits.
Charu Veluthoor | Aviyel
Yes! & Playing a sport, grounds you because failures and success come and go. It also introduces you to some extremely hardworking and dedicated individuals, who have a tremendous impact on your work ethic!
Adriel Cruz
I do, back during my student years I always play volleyball with my classmates or blockmates. Kinda miss playing it, hope to play again and be fit again :D
Adithyan
Cricket and football have been integral part of me growing up and made me realize that I have always been into team games. The pep talk, the huddles before the game and the collective hunger to win as a team would always be a part of what and how I would prefer achieving things in life.