Definition of AI startup?

Huxley Jay
10 replies

Replies

Henry Habib
I'd say it's a new company that is all about using AI to crank out game-changing apps. Whether it's tackling tough problems or coming up with fresh ideas, they've got the AI power to build some seriously innovative solutions.
Huxley Jay
@henry_habib You made a point and I agree with you Henry. The startups are focusing on game-changing solutions with fresh ideas. We might go through some architecture layers particularly at some point of domain knowledge. I think that the most starting companies bring the foundation model at first and then start editing on their own. That's how startups are more focusing on the serious matters in industry than the past. Eventually AI-powered product leads to solve the market.
Marie-Philippe Leblanc
I’m gonna go ahead and say that it’s a startup that has AI in their main features?
Huxley Jay
@mplebl That's simple and make-a-sense definition I've got! Yea, definitely AI should be in their main features. On the other hand I would say that many solutions still use the AI as their sidekick function which still make a company AI. It's hard to distinguish companies who are not developing AI these days. Lots of discussions comping up for defining AI company, though, I love your comment :)
Rupal Saini
I would say: An early-stage company that has developed a solution using cutting-edge AI technology to address a specific problem or need.
Huxley Jay
@rupal_saini Yes, definitely an early-stage company using cutting-edge AI tech. I guess we all agree on this standard AI thoughts! Perhaps we need all-in-one standard AI package to build up any world kind of SW like Java or C!
Sree
If a startup provides a tool, or a service or a hardware that leverages the usage of AI is what I would call an AI startup.
Huxley Jay
@sreenington The expectation of 'innovation' has gone up too high! I agree that making startup innovative is to leverage the AI. Still, there is a risk taking that the foundation AI model begins enlarging their coverage with many functions but mostly I see the upside part of AI startup.
Benjamin Sloutsky
A software product with ai as its principle concept.
Huxley Jay
@benjamin_sloutsky Yes, the principle we talk about is getting ambiguous after getting day by day. It's difficult to define the 'principle' or 'core' we say since the enormous startups are using the opensource code/data to adopt the AI environment. I would say that startups make a new principle out of a principle concept.